BIOS VS UEFI

lamda

Hi,

I bought a new PC made in 2020, with windows 10 pro, it still uses old looking bios not uefi
am I wrong or uefi look like old bios too?
see pictures
I want when I get into bios to look like UEFI picture, is it possible?

thanks for your help

Attachments

• BIOS.png
    BIOS.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 201
  • UEFI.png
    UEFI.png
    486 KB · Views: 193
You can't change the look and feel of the firmware interface. That is entirely up to the vendor. Also not having a fancy looking interface screen doesn't mean the system isn't UEFI. Most systems are UEFI.

Last edited:
Compared with BIOS, UEFI has the following advantages:
1. UEFI enables users to handle drives that are larger than 2 TB, while the old legacy BIOS couldn't handle large storage drives.
2. UEFI supports more than 4 primary partitions with a GUID Partition Table.
3. Computers who use UEFI firmware have faster booting process than the BIOS. Various optimizations and enhancement in the UEFI can help your system boot more quickly than it could before.
4. UEFI supports secure startup, which means that the validity of the operating system can be checked to ensure that no malware tampers with the startup process.
5. UEFI supports networking function in the UEFI firmware itself, which helps remote troubleshooting and UEFI configuration.
6. UEFI has a simpler graphical user interface and also has much richer setup menus than legacy BIOS.

Hi,

I bought a new PC made in 2020, with windows 10 pro, it still uses old looking bios not uefi
am I wrong or uefi look like old bios too?
see pictures
I want when I get into bios to look like UEFI picture, is it possible?

thanks for your help

What you are seeing is the difference between old and new interface. Nothing to do with BIOS or UEFI......it's just a end user interface. Old style is keyboard only....new style is mouse/keyboard.

Back