Windows 7 BitDefender uninstall ( Please Help! )

anonymous

I was using bitdefender 2013 trial version. When the trial period got over, i wanted to uninstall the product and thus went ahead to uninstall it. During the uninstallation, the process got stuck at 20% for over half an hour.When I tried to exit the setup,it came up with a message 'the process can't be ended at this time'. Bored,i closed the process from the task manager.

Then,when i tried to uninstall the product again from the control panel, a message popped up 'another instance of this setup is already running' BUT the uninstallation completed very very fast. As i expected,the bitdefender folder was still there in the program files.Also,the bitdefender icon in the system tray has not gone.

Now the problem is, I can't find the program in control panel. I am unable to delete the program folder even. I seriously want to get rid of this product and want to revert to using Microsoft Security Essentials. I would be really grateful to whoever helps.
Thank You!

Hello anonymous,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

There are a few ways to do this;

1. Do a "System Restore" to a point before you tried uninstalling BitDefender and then try to uninstall it again, through Add/Remove.

2. Re-install BitDefender and then try to uninstall it, again, through Add/Remove.

3. Do a "System Restore" or re-install the program and either use the programs uninstall feature or use the following tool and instructions from BitDefender; Uninstall BitDefender

Hope this helps and keep us posted

Don

Hello anonymous,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

There are a few ways to do this;

1. Do a "System Restore" to a point before you tried uninstalling BitDefender and then try to uninstall it again, through Add/Remove.

2. Re-install BitDefender and then try to uninstall it, again, through Add/Remove.

3. Do a "System Restore" or re-install the program and either use the programs uninstall feature or use the following tool and instructions from BitDefender; Uninstall BitDefender

Hope this helps and keep us posted

Don

Thanks a lot sir! :)
The System Restore point method worked.:thumbs_up:

Back