Windows 7 black screen when resuming from sleep

kxk56

I have Win 7 (64bit) Home Premium. I have been experiencing black screens after resuming from sleep or hibernate. The system doesn't seem to hang, only refuses to display anything. I need to push the restart button for few seconds to shut off the PC. When started everything works fine. Please advise..

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 245
RAM: 2GB
On board video

This is the only problem I'm having with 7. Everything else works great. I just set the power settings to never go to sleep.

Does the light on the monitor show no signal? Have you tried recycling the power switch on the monitor? How old in your monitor?

There may be a setting for your video card or monitor regarding power settings, I will check around.

You guys both need to update your computer specs.

Try going to Control Panel > Power Options, choose the Advanced settings and take a look at the options available.

Yes, monitor shows signal. I haven't try power switch.. I'll try. The monitor is pretty new, Acer P_223W.

Could you please include the specs on your motherboard so we can identify the onboard video.

I have motherboard Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H. I installed VGA driver and now resuming from standby works fine. Thanks, guys.

Am having the same problem - I can wake it by pressing Ctl-Alt-Del - the screens wakes up and I cancel the Task Manager. If I hit the power button the machine turns off. The other keys are active but do nothing. C-A-D works everytime. No password on wakeup. ALL power settings are at "Never". It's not supposed to sleep at all! I have a 2 yr old Toshiba Laptop Qosmio AV-412 with 500GB HD, W7 Ver 6.1 Build 7600, just found MSINFO is not a recognized command -
Also - have a complaint about W7 - when expanding/collapsing folders it pops the cursor back to where I was previouslt instaed of keeping me near the folder I was working. Very irritating.

Back
Top Bottom