Windows 10 Restart when resuming from Hibernation

anyasok

Don't recall having that issue prior to upgrading to Windows 10.
Basically, when I turn on the PC after hibernation, it often just restarts instead of resuming.

I tried to Google the issue, but it seems to be widespread around laptops, tablets, etc which makes it harder to pinpoint what exactly is happening.

Not a big expert on this (mildly speaking) either.

The only thing i was able to glean from the Event Viewer is that its a Event ID 41, task category 63, Kernel-Power ("The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.")

I tried using BlueScreenView (even though I didn't have a BSOD as far as I can tell) and it said that the crash was caused by driver pci.sys (NT Plug and Play PCI Enumerator)

There is a lot of information there but I am not sure how to save it or which portions you would need to be able to tell what is going on.

Please let me know and I will post the necessary information.

As a temporary workaround, I disabled automating restart in the startup settings (not sure what would happen if it resumes with a crash with automating restart unavailable) and followed a recommendation for a minidump (256kb) next time but I am not even sure what any of that means lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am attaching in the meanwhile two dumps: one from event viewer and one from the blue event monitor.

Attachments

• 080415-33171-01.dmp
    112.5 KB · Views: 325
  • dump.txt
    820 bytes · Views: 618
Hi,
apologies as I've only just come across your thread. Did you still require help with this issue?

Back
Top Bottom