Windows 7 Blue Humming Bird Screen of Death? While running "Startup Repair" after Windows 7 Starter won't sta

shaboom

Hey folks, I searched through the forum for a bit, but didn't really find anything that wasn't about a recent install that was experiencing this problem. I left my computer - which is an Acer Aspire One, that I purchased, refurbished, a few months ago from a local dealer and came preloaded with Windows Starter 7 - closed, but without turning it off, for a few hours while I ran out to a cafe with a friend (which I've done hundreds of times before. But, when I came back, it was frozen on the firefox tab I had open when I left. So, I figured, I'll just turn it off with the power button and turn it back on. When I did this, Windows stalled out while opening and wasn't going anywhere, and then the screen went black and it went back to the Acer splash screen and told me that Windows had failed to start and suggested I run Startup Repair.

So I did, and, after about 5 minutes, it went to a blue screen with a white hummingbird and some curly bits behind it, and a slightly distorted cursor that moves on the screen when I use my keypad... and hasn't moved since. That was about 20 minutes ago. I'm really stressing out, because I don't know what to do, and there are files on there that I need for work.

Please help!!!

Since you posted this 10 hours ago, I assume nothing has changed. But sometimes it might take a little time, or several tries/reboots to correct some problem.

Do have any of the F8 options available where you could try using the Last Known Good option for booting?

Back
Top Bottom