Windows 7 "Startup repair" after "Windows is Loading Files"

Malix

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell 5010 Laptop. When I try to start my laptop, "Windows is Loading Files" screen appears. After this, for about a second and a half, i see "Microsoft Corporation" written on black screen. Then the screen turns sky blue and "Startup repair" thing comes on which says "Startup Repair is Checking your system for problems...... ". I waited an hour but Attempting repairs progress bar never went away and I got frustrated and turned off the laptop by holding the power button. I restarted and Same thing happens with the loading files and startup repair.

This is what happens when I start my laptop
1.Windows is Loading Files happens
2. "Microsoft Corporation" written appears on Black Background
3. Startup repair happens

I press cancel right away on startup repair to see if it would do anything. Nothing happens. The startup repair window is there and I cant do anything.
A command prompt window is on the bottom left of the screen, but I cant type anything in there.
Please, someone help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

More details please.
Why are you trying to boot from the install DVD or Recovery console "OR" does Win 7 automatically boot this way?
If the latter is true, how long have you not been able to boot properly into the OS?

More details please.
Why are you trying to boot from the install DVD or Recovery console "OR" does Win 7 automatically boot this way?
If the latter is true, how long have you not been able to boot properly into the OS?

Hi Mychal
Thanks for your kind response.
I am not trying to boot from install DVD rather the Win 7 automatically boots this way. I have not been able to boot properly into OS for about 4 days.
Before this some copyright statements used to come that i have forgot and it would say that insert boot media and then press any key but by the time it started working correctly and then again it started the behavior that I have explained in the above thread.

Can I solve this problem by reinstalling the Win 7 or not?
Thanks for your help.

Do you have an install dvd for win7?
If so, try an upgrade repair first and a full reinstall only if needed.

Do you have an install dvd for win7?
If so, try an upgrade repair first and a full reinstall only if needed.
Thank you very much sir,
Actually I have lost install dvd provided with my laptop. But I have an ISO file of Win 7 in another computer. Can I use that by booting from a USB?

Have you burned the iso to a dvd? If not do so and you should have a bootable install disk (without using the usb drive.

The use of an ISO from another computer may not solve the problem, I would advice against it. All Windows are individual, with individual product numbers, it may be considered to be a try to hack or copy an existing OS = illegal. Not a good solution.

I would suggest to try to contact the retailer, to find the original installation, they may be able to fix it, they have the material to re-install. Or, contact Dell, how to get it fixed. Everything else is guess work, don't get in the jungle.

Back
Top Bottom