Windows 8 Blue screen 03x0000005B

I certainly can and use Malwarebytes Pro myself. You should ok watching videos and the like..

Hi,
win32.sys can appear if a hardware issue is present like bad RAM. Can you post the actual dump file?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff900c551bcf0, 0, fffff9600036260d, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+2d )

Followup: MachineOwner

You still need to update your bios and of course the service pack too... win32k.sys as I already stated can pop up if there's a hardware failure or a driver is incorrect or the bios needs updating... ;)
Try running this scan too:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff900c551bcf0, 0, fffff9600036260d, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+2d )

Followup: MachineOwner

You still need to update your bios and of course the service pack too... win32k.sys as I already stated can pop up if there's a hardware failure or a driver is incorrect or the bios needs updating... ;)
Try running this scan too:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

What i thought that i updated those.

Version: 3603(Only for Win7 & Win8)

Well i am downloading it agien.

Okey i tried that system scan thingy and i got stuck at one secound, i am disabling it since it took me a war to get my computer back.

Last edited:
I did see errors in the dump file relating to a the hard drive which is why I asked you to run the scan. If you try and run that scan, chkdsk, and it won't complete then chances are your hard drive could be about to fail or is failing.

Try testing the drive using this application (Seatools)
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/202435en

Just follow the advice shown in the webpage above and try a test. I know there's a long one that runs for around 4hrs but it's up to you which one you run. All your doing is seeing if the hardrive passes the tests. If you get a fail on any of them then you know you have a possibly failing drive.

Just follow the advice shown in the webpage above and try a test. I know there's a long one that runs for around 4hrs but it's up to you which one you run. All your doing is seeing if the hardrive passes the tests. If you get a fail on any of them then you know you have a possibly failing drive.

Alright it seems like everytime i download the BIOS update and update it, and it ask me to restart the system it does not remember that i updated the bios it stills says it is on 3202 version from 2012.

Hmm... I guess your using the Asus bios app to update yes? If your not already try right clicking the application and running it as administrator.

Hmm... I guess your using the Asus bios app to update yes? If your not already try right clicking the application and running it as administrator.

Alright.

I have used the Seagate tool and i did S.M.A.R.T check, short driver self test, Short Generic, Long Generic, Advanced Test. With no errors.

Hey,
no not at all.. It is a bad habit of mine as you can see lol..

Back
Top Bottom