Windows 7 Blue screen 2 times a day for months...HELP!

Ronster149

I've been getting a blue screen for quite awhile now. Thought it was graphics or memory, but have replaced both and still doesn't help. Blue screen keeps telling me "bad_pool_header" and I've googled the life out of it, but still can't find a resolve. Not sure why W7F didn't grab the few dumps from this month, but hopefully there enough info there to make a prediction. Thanks.

Attachments

• W7F_15-08-2020.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 241
Hi,
I looked through a number of your dump files and noticed a couple of things.

Firefox.exe is mentioned several times as a probable cause. Please uninstall and then reinstall, checking any extensions you may be running and disabling them.

One such 'extension' which popped up in a dump file is AdguardSvc.exe so may need to check that out.

Finally, the one driver which I saw mentioned (several times) is an Nvidia driver so try updating that also.

If non of these changes help then you could at some point try running the driver verifier but see how you go with the above changes...

I don't see blue screen for a while, what sites do you normally visit? Could be a RCE.

Hi,
I looked through a number of your dump files and noticed a couple of things.

Firefox.exe is mentioned several times as a probable cause. Please uninstall and then reinstall, checking any extensions you may be running and disabling them.

One such 'extension' which popped up in a dump file is AdguardSvc.exe so may need to check that out.

Finally, the one driver which I saw mentioned (several times) is an Nvidia driver so try updating that also.

If non of these changes help then you could at some point try running the driver verifier but see how you go with the above changes...
Thank you for the reply. I have had Adguard extension turned off for a few weeks now and still getting BSOD. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox with no extensions and see how that goes. My best guess was it was something related to the Nvidia driver. I got a new video card a month ago with the latest drivers and I was still getting BSOD, so that ones really been confusing me. I will try the above and see how it goes, thanks.

I don't see blue screen for a while, what sites do you normally visit? Could be a RCE.
Have viewed a number of my blue screens this month in blue screen viewer, but I think I lost them doing a system restore a few days ago. I visit Amazon, Youtube, Facebook mosly and a few business related sites. That's about it. Is RCE a virus and if so, what would be the best scanner out there to use? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom