Windows 7 blue screen memory dump

red040281

hi ive just had windows 7 installed and i keep getting the blue screen memory dump i think ive updated all my drivers any ideas ppl just ran driver max and still no joy

Last edited:
A friend has been having similar problems (although on vista x64), which apparently started after installing from windows update. Don't remember which update, but his would blue screen sometimes when installing usb memory sticks. He removed the update & hasn't had the problem. I know this is a stretch, but just FYI.

Hey I had a similar problem when I upgraded my Mobo, CPU and memory. I moved my memory modules to different slots and have not had a BSOD since. Worth a try. Good luck.

just tried swaping the memory around still no joy another thing i noticed was on the post screen it came up saying the system was in safe mode try reseting the cpu frequency in the bios could this be the problem

Well wouldn't you know as soon as I said that I wasn't having anymore BSOD's I've had two more and they were both of the same kind as you had, i.e. Memory dump. I'm wodering if a clean install of 7 is in order although I hate to do that since my copy will be here in late October. Damn.

lol i get Blue Screen error when World of warcraft Download Manager start downloading :D , when I open Bittorrent , when i try to play old game like StarLancher II :D and lot more :D

But when i dont use these stuff then It's all good and smooth .

Oh ye almost forgot :p i get blue screen error when i try to throw some stuff to odher PC on the network :( Lot of limits but not so much to uninstall the great OS W7 .

Last edited:
BSOD Hell

Does anyone have a mini kernel dump handy so that we can see if there are any clues in it?

Go to c:\windows\minidump -- copy out the files to Documents or other.

Run msinfo32 and save it as an NFO file -
START | type msinfo32 | save with the default NFO file extension

Zip up the dumps & msinfo32 and attach to a post. Please make up your own threads as it gets very confusing trying to figure out what information belongs to which poster if the files are all thrown into one thread.

Send me a PM w/ a link to your thread.

go to the Microsoft Knowledge base and search for " system debugger" You can read there how to use it and you can download it free and it will analyse your memory dump file and guide you to the root of the problem causing the BSOD
also finsd the following with Google:

MajorGeeks Support Forums > Majorgeeks.Com - Support Forums > Software Link Removed due to 404 Error HOW TO: Debug Memory Dumps (Figure out what is causing a BSOD) User Name Remember Me? Password
Link Removed due to 404 Error Link Removed due to 404 Error

go to the Microsoft Knowledge base and search for " system debugger" You can read there how to use it and you can download it free and it will analyse your memory dump file and guide you to the root of the problem causing the BSOD
also finsd the following with Google:

Thank you, but I already know the basics of BSOD Kernel Dump analysis.

For your information, the "system debugger" analyzes nothing. That must be done by the individual running the GUI debugger, Windbg. Available from Microsoft.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

jcgriff2

Last edited:
Hi JCGRIFF, my answer was not aimed at you but to the originator of the thread.

I have found the debugger extremely helpful myself but as you say you have to know how to use it as you obviously do. But we still keep getting lots of "I,ve got BSOD Help" questions

Back