Windows 10 blue screen of death (here is my dump file) thanks in advance

mark paolo

hi i have been getting this blue screen of death everytime i run an application or multiple applications
thread stuck in device driver something like that is what shows all the time. i set the settings of my dump files to full but i cant open it. pls guide me what kind of solution ill have to do to fix it. thanks!

i uploaded 2 files one has all the dmp files i encountered and the other one is the latest.

Attachments

• 110416-24000-01.dmp
    402.4 KB · Views: 353
  • dmp.7z
    318.9 KB · Views: 223
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000EA, {ffffaa0d8d541800, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!TdrTimedOperationBugcheckOnTimeout+3f )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
looks like the bsod occurred whilst using Microsoft Photo's and could be caused by system corruption. Basically the gpu for some reason stops working and the device driver sit's spinning waiting for the hardware to respond. This can be down to either bad drivers or failing hardware.

Please run these scans to try and sort out any system corruption:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

As your gpu driver is slightly old try updating to a more recent version.

First though you need to remove the old copy on the machine. The best application for this job is the DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller. You need to boot into safe mode in order to use it but it will clear out any old gpu driver files:
DDU

The latest driver for your APU GPU is this:
APU

AODDriver2.sys Wed Oct 30 00:58:36 2013: AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard . This has known bsod issues with Windows please remove.

If the bsod continues try removing ESET and just use the on board Defender AV.

Please post any updates

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

hi i tried but there is no such command in my start menu. i only found one which is "sfc".
upload_2016-11-14_9-57-26.png

upload_2016-11-14_9-57-14.png

AODDriver2.sys Wed Oct 30 00:58:36 2013: AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard . This has known bsod issues with Windows please remove.
is this it? i cant find the easytune6 thou in programs and features.

upload_2016-11-14_10-1-34.png

First though you need to remove the old copy on the machine. The best application for this job is the DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller. You need to boot into safe mode in order to use it but it will clear out any old gpu driver files:
DDU

i chose the option that says "clean and restart" and then afterwards i chose the third option " clean and shutdown" i did it both in safe mode with networking. i am now installing the driver from the link you have sent me. i chose the one that says "AMD minimal setup"

upload_2016-11-14_10-0-50.png

thanks alot for your response ill try if bsod will pop again after i did this things

Last edited:
i got another dump file just earlier

i already reinstalled driver for video card. and removed the aod

Attachments

• 111416-221531-01.dmp
    402.5 KB · Views: 294
Hi,
the dump file was the same bugcheck as before and it's possible that the issue may lay with the actual driver. A number of users are reporting the same issue although AMD have yet to comment.

Something you could try with the driver is removing it again using the DDU in safe mode (you only need to use the top option 'clean and restart').

When you re-install the driver again just install the driver only.

Do not install the CCC or Catalyst control centre by unchecking the box located under advanced or custom installs.

If the bsod continues then we can run other tests.

It's possible that something else might be causing the bsod but is being masked by the GPU crash. In an effort to rule this out try running some basic tests.
hi i tried but there is no such command in my start menu. i only found one which is "sfc".
If read the instructions it say's right click the Start menu icon and from the list choose 'admin command prompt'.

menu.jpg

Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'.
Type:
sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (you can also copy and paste this)

Chkdsk
Please run a chkdsk. This will test your HDD and if possible repair any broken sectors.
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

RAM
Check the RAM using the on board diagnostic:
Run Diagnostics to Check Your System for Memory Problems

Driver Verifier.

This checks each driver in turn and test for bsod. It can also cause a bsod start up loop so you need to first create a Recovery disk/USB:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

If the verifier causes a bsod loop then use the recovery disk/USB to boot from, enter the recovery console and safe mode to turn the verifier off.
Driver Verifier - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista (BSOD-related) - Tech Support Forum

Hopefully if the verifer does bsod it will have the culprit on the dump file.

Good luck with the testing and any problems post back.

Hi ,
I forgot to mention that one fix which seems to cure the problem is to install an older driver. If after trying the above the bsod still occurs then try an older driver.
Apparently one which does work without blue screening is this driver:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson 15.12 Driver download

Give it a try and update your thread on any results.

thanks alot sir! i'll try it now and update you :)
just wanna make sure i installed the right stuff only. uploaded the pic of installation

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
thanks alot sir! i'll try it now and update you :)
just wanna make sure i installed the right stuff only. uploaded the pic of installation

I'd be installing radeon settings if I were you. Cards fairly useless with it. I'd have installed everything except gaming evolved/raptr

Actually i wouldn't worry too much about that as this is simply an experiment.

sir i am not sure what made my computer rebooted when i woke up today it was already in the windowslogin hopefully its not a bluescreen i checked the dmp folder and it says 3:42AM so this means its a blue screen? here's the file. thanks in advance! i testing whole day yesterday and it didnt bluescreen i hope its not the cause of the restart

by the way i already installed the older version of graphics card driver like what you said.

Attachments

• 111616-466046-01.dmp
    310.1 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
hi i ate lunch then when i get back to my computer im on the windows login again and it seems like it rebooted so i checked the dump files and i got another one :( it has same kb on the first batch of dump files 403kb.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a39fc25a2feea55d, b3b6cee082708823, 6, 18}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
the above can mean you have a RAM issue. Usually if there is a driver associated with the crash it will be named in the dump file.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Also please make sure you run these scans as explained above:
Right click on the 'Start menu icon' and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'.
Type:
sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (you can also copy and paste this)

thank you so much i'm running the sfc/scannow sorry i missed the instructions and didn't notice it.
does it mean i have no problem with the video card driver anymore? should i update the video card driver? usually i get blue screen 3-5x a day on the previous video card driver (updated driver) but now i haven't really seen my computer blue screen. the last 2x it restarted i just saw it on windows login already. thanks again.
i'll update you the result later

upload_2016-11-16_17-44-58.png

Ok Mark thanks for the update. Let me know how things are once the scan has finished.

hi this is the result of the command sfc/scannow.
i only entered the command "sfc/scannow" once. since it didn't say anything bout not being able to fix or having any problem.
thankS!
upload_2016-11-16_19-1-33.png

yea the memory scan i have to borrow a flashdrive ill do it tomorrow morning thanks alot for your time and all the help sir

Hi Mark,
your very welcome and hope we get to the bottom of this issue soon.. :)

Back
Top Bottom