Windows 7 Blue Screen on Internet connection

tppramod

Hi!

The problem occurs only when connected to the internet (Broadband). Here it goes.....

While surfing or especially when downloading something the system suddenly enters the blue screen and restarts automatically. Also, sometimes the internet connection drops (Reason not known) and does not connect again. In this case the only way to get connected again is to restart the PC!. Enabling the network also sometimes takes me into the blue screen error. Due to this problem i am connected to the internet only for a short duration of less than 5 mins. approx. Please note that the distant between the Modem and my PC is 20 Meters and is connected by a network wire. I hope the distance can be 100 Meters max.

I was using the same internet connection with my old Windows XP machine and never had any problems. Is it something related to any hardware failure in my PC or windows vista problem? Please give some useful solution to this.

My System Information
Dell Vostro 410 (New PC)
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Quad 6600 Mhz
Realtek network driver
128 GB ATI Radeon
2GB Ram
500 GB HDD

Regards,

Pramod
New Delhi
India

Have you checked that your modem doesn't have/need any firmware updates?

Try resetting your modem first. There should be a littlle pin hole on the back of the modem or a little reset button, push button or use a paper clip and insert into hole to reset. Do you have a router hooked up to your modem?

Hi!

The problem occurs only when connected to the internet (Broadband). Here it goes.....

While surfing or especially when downloading something the system suddenly enters the blue screen and restarts automatically. Also, sometimes the internet connection drops (Reason not known) and does not connect again. In this case the only way to get connected again is to restart the PC!. Enabling the network also sometimes takes me into the blue screen error. Due to this problem i am connected to the internet only for a short duration of less than 5 mins. approx. Please note that the distant between the Modem and my PC is 20 Meters and is connected by a network wire. I hope the distance can be 100 Meters max.

I was using the same INTERNET connection with my old Windows XP machine and never had any problems. Is it something related to any hardware failure in my PC or windows vista problem? Please give some useful solution to this.

My System Information
Dell Vostro 410 (New PC)
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Quad 6600 Mhz
Realtek network driver
128 GB ATI Radeon
2GB Ram
500 GB HDD

Regards,

Pramod
New Delhi
India
You should post errors related to problem and any mini crash dumps etc....The exact trouble can be singled out that way.

I ended up doing a thorough scan with spybot, ccleaner, and adaware. I then changed the channel on my Time Capsule to 9 and it seemed to have fixed everything!

Pramod,

I have this same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Thanks!
Ali

Hi Ali,

Yup i found a solution. I just tried a new network cable of 2 meters for testing and it worked perfectly!! So i could not figure it out exactly what was wrong with my previous network cable i.e. because of a long cable of 20 metres or a bad cable?

Regards,

Pramod
New Delhi
India

Back