Windows 7 Blue Screen Sound Loop and freezing screen HELP

HAL1

Hello windows community, some details to my issue:

Since 2 months I have problems with my computer / system... it crashes after some times (some times it appears a blue screen which I will upload here or my screen is freezing and a weird sound loop appears)

I already searched for some solutions but the problem still exists. I would appreciate any responses (btw I can also speak german)

best regards, H A L 1

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    227.2 KB · Views: 333
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 81ede7b1, ad4b5935, 0}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+a07b1 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
many of your dump files point to the Nvidia graphics driver as the probable cause:
Code:
PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS:  0x8E_nvlddmkm+a07b1

I see it's recently been updated:
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Jun 8 00:06:12 2017

Try removing the driver using the DDU or Display driver Uninstaller. This not only removes the driver but any left over data from previous installs (corruption).
You will need to boot into safe mode to use properly.

To boot into safe mode, reboot and then keep pressing F8. You may have to try more than once but basically start pressing from the system beep if you have one.

Once removed boot back into Windows and try your driver again.

Your system is:
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
BaseBoardProduct = IPN73-BA

I think your using a desktop and if that's the case please update your chipset drivers as yours are ancient:
NVIDIA DRIVERS nForce Driver Version 15.56 WHQL

Once you updated these drivers and used the DDU, if the BSOD's keeping reoccurring try removing Avast AV. I only mention this because you had a Bugcheck 50 amongst the dumps which can at times be caused by AV suites.

Post any new dump files.

Edit,
I forgot to mention that some of the issues you describe can be caused by overheating and overclocking.
If your overclocking anything stop.

Please monitor your system temperatures by using HWiNFO64 especially when playing games or similar.

Make sure your system isn't bunged up with dust and fluff bunnies. I generally clean mine every 3-4 weeks and am always amazed at the dust build up so do check if it's never been done.

Last edited:
Hello kemical,
thanks for your fast and detailed answer and sorry for being late in responsing. Well I deleted all my drivers with DDU and installed the latest graphic card driver as well.. unfortunately it didn't result in an improvment.. sound loop, freezing screen or blue screen still appears..

Btw I guess I forgot to mention my system:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz
4,00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit
Gainward Geforce GTX 550 Ti
500 GB SATA
___
btw could you pls tell me the correct nforce driver for windows 32 bit cuz u send me the link for 64 bit system and I couldn't install it.
___
and I also forgot to mentioned that an error message appears at starting my system in the beginning "CPU FAN FAIL OR SPEED TO LOW"
the fan speed is actually really low at the beginning but it increases while booting up. still I'm not quite sure if it's just an ancient driver for my cpu.. btw my Bios version is still from 08/06/2008 and I don't know if I have to update it.

I would be appreciate to hear from you soon,
greetings

Attachments

• 061517-30732-01.dmp
    241.1 KB · Views: 406
and I also forgot to mentioned that an error message appears at starting my system in the beginning "CPU FAN FAIL OR SPEED TO LOW"
the fan speed is actually really low at the beginning but it increases while booting up. still I'm not quite sure if it's just an ancient driver for my cpu.. btw my Bios version is still from 08/06/2008 and I don't know if I have to update it.
Hi HAL1,
you may have a failing fan and heatsink? Is the heatsink and fan stock, meaning did it come with the cpu? If so then it might be time for a nice new third party version. Plus it will run cooler too.

Here is the nforce 32bit driver:
NVIDIA DRIVERS nForce Driver Version 15.56 WHQL
This does carry a gpu driver specifically for your set up and might be worth installing alongside the new chipset drivers?

I'll repeat what I wrote earlier as I feel overheating could be a possible issue

Edit,
I forgot to mention that some of the issues you describe can be caused by overheating and overclocking.
If your overclocking anything stop.

Please monitor your system temperatures by using HWiNFO64 especially when playing games or similar.

Make sure your system isn't bunged up with dust and fluff bunnies. I generally clean mine every 3-4 weeks and am always amazed at the dust build up so do check if it's never been done.

I had a quick look at your dump file which is still blaming your gpu driver although it looks like the actual gpu itself could have problems.

Code:

BugCheck D1, {ff4db020, 2, 1, 9a2d05fb}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c25fb )

Please monitor your temperatures using the app I linked to (in quote above) and then stress the graphics by running furmark stress test:
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Please post the results.

Ok here are my results while stress mode was on:
Motherboard: 37°C
CPU: 18.5 °C
Auxillary: 15.5°C
Core#0: 50°C
Core#1: 45°C
GPU: 79°C
mem load: 19%
fan: 64%

I'm not quite sure if you need more information.. if so pls tell me in detail what u need exactly.

Hmm.. well they aren't that bad really with the 550Ti running slightly cooler than I read about.

Ok now we need to do the same thing but for your cpu.

Please run Prime95 and watch the temps. If they look like they will climb over 75c then stop the test as your cpu has a maximum allowed at heatspreader of 74c:
TCASE...................74.1°C
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7300 (3M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) Product Specifications

How to Stress Test your CPU using Prime95 ? - My Windows Hub

results after 25 mins with prime95: 12 tests completed, 0 errors, 0 warnings

temperatures:
Core#0 50°C
Core#1 47°C
Core#0 Distance to TjMax 51°C
Core#1 Distance to TjMax 54°C
CoreMax 50°C
___
Motherboard 27°C
CPU 22°C
Auxillary 23.5 °C
GPU 29 °C

no freezing or blue screen while these two tests!
... it happens so random [while browsing via internet, playing games, listening to music...]

I really appreciate that you (kinda) waste your freetime to help me! Thanks you so much for this :)

Since updating the Nforce chipset drivers have you had any blue screens at all?

I really appreciate that you (kinda) waste your freetime to help me! Thanks you so much for this :)
Your very welcome and we are all glad to help.

ah btw I've received a new minidump.. here it is: yea unfortunately I had a bluescreen this morning again.

Attachments

• 061717-30014-01.dmp
    243.5 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Code:

BugCheck D1, {8fa8bec, 6, 1, 9a29c706}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+93706 )

Hi HAL1,
as you can see, the gpu driver is still being blamed.

Try cleaning out with the ddu and run an older driver. You can find a download list over at 3DGuru.com:
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Windows 7 | 8 | 10
Try something released around the same time as your gpu.

Is it possible for you to try running the graphics card in another machine? A friends perhaps? Just so you can see if the card is faulty or not.

Can you post what size/wattage your PSU is please and it's approx age.

it would be a shame if my graphic card is broken (again).. I have it since a year now cuz my older one (Geforce 9600 GT) got broken.

unfortunately I have no idea which older gpu driver to intall.

Attachments

• 061817-29998-01.dmp
    244.6 KB · Views: 394
btw I wanted to update my BIOS but I can't find my model on ASUS website...
BIOS Manufacturer: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Motherboard Model: ASUS IPN73-BA
BIOS Version: ASUS IPN73-BA ACPI BIOS Revision 0104
BIOS Date: 08/06/08

___
is it possible that it's just too ancient?!

btw I wanted to update my BIOS but I can't find my model on ASUS website...
BIOS Manufacturer: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Motherboard Model: ASUS IPN73-BA
BIOS Version: ASUS IPN73-BA ACPI BIOS Revision 0104
BIOS Date: 08/06/08

___
Morning Hal1,
just a quick post before i look at your dump file.

I also tried to find if there was a bios available. Apparently you have an OEM version of your particular motherboard. I think the retail version sit's in a 'Pegatron' system.
It seems there is a bios update available for the retail motherboard but not the OEM.
However;
I could be wrong :) and it's perhaps worth you investigating this further.

To be honest it is getting a tad old now and if you can try and upgrade. You will be amazed at the power of even a medium sized modern system and for not too much money either.

unfortunately I have no idea which older gpu driver to intall.
Try installing any driver available not long after your card was first released

I'll grab a coffee and start debugging your dump file, back shortly.. :)

Code:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 96c39204, 93fe9cb8, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtGdiDdDDIRender+0 )

---------
Hi,
this:
Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x8E_win32k!NtGdiDdDDIRender+0
Means the device driver interface (DDI) failed to evict images from the memory. On speculation it might not be the actual device driver at fault but something else 'tripping' it to go off (usually another driver). So i went back to your driver stack and had a look through, oh whilst I remember would you mind doing a dxdiag or using the app to collect your dump files as the other info it collects is quite valuable.
You can find it here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Ok after looking through your drivers can you please remove these possible culprits:

TBPANEL.SYS Sat Jul 27 00:01:04 2002: Cardex TBPanel video conversion app/Configuration utility for Gainward graphics cards. The 64bit version is known for BSOD's plus it's extremely old so please remove via add and remove programs.

ASFLTDrv.sys Thu Sep 16 09:30:10 2010: Asus disk unlocker please remove.

AsIO.sys Mon Aug 3 08:02:32 2009: Asus PCProbe Utility

AsUpIO.sys Mon Jul 6 03:21:27 2009: ASUS hardware monitoring software related, please remove anything related via add and remove programs.

Lastly can you post the make, model and wattage of your PSU. If you don't know try taking the side panel off as it's often written on the side of the PSU, thanks.. :)

I used grab all.. there it is:

well so do u recommend me to update my bios?
unfortunately I can't find the driver version 10.18.13.5382 on the nvidia homepage. I guess this driver would be fine for my graphic card.

Attachments

• W7F_19-06-2017.rar
    549.7 KB · Views: 334
Hi Hal1,
I've just got to nip out but will be back shortly.

Can you post the details I asked about regarding your power supply?

well so do u recommend me to update my bios?

I wrote this above:

I also tried to find if there was a bios available. Apparently you have an OEM version of your particular motherboard. I think the retail version sit's in a 'Pegatron' system.
It seems there is a bios update available for the retail motherboard but not the OEM.
However;
I could be wrong :) and it's perhaps worth you investigating this further.

I should be back within the hour at which point i'll debug your dump files, thanks.. :)

Code:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 96c39204, 93fe9cb8, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtGdiDdDDIRender+0 )

Hi,
it seems I've already seen these dump files. You didn't update on how this went:

would you mind doing a dxdiag or using the app to collect your dump files as the other info it collects is quite valuable.
You can find it here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Ok after looking through your drivers can you please remove these possible culprits:

TBPANEL.SYS Sat Jul 27 00:01:04 2002: Cardex TBPanel video conversion app/Configuration utility for Gainward graphics cards. The 64bit version is known for BSOD's plus it's extremely old so please remove via add and remove programs.

ASFLTDrv.sys Thu Sep 16 09:30:10 2010: Asus disk unlocker please remove.

AsIO.sys Mon Aug 3 08:02:32 2009: Asus PCProbe Utility

AsUpIO.sys Mon Jul 6 03:21:27 2009: ASUS hardware monitoring software related, please remove anything related via add and remove programs.

Lastly can you post the make, model and wattage of your PSU. If you don't know try taking the side panel off as it's often written on the side of the PSU, thanks.. :)

Hi,
is there a problem in obtaining the PSU details? I only ask as normally you post back really quickly.

If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

PSU details= POWER Model LC6550 Version 2.0
Voltage: 230 V
Current: 4A
Frequency: 50Hz
ATX 12V switching power supply MAX 550W
______
well unfortunately my english isn't the best, so it takes some time to get what you want from me, sorry for that.

ofc these dump files are the same.. I don't get a blue screen everytime when my pc got frozen. so these are all dump files since now.

well I still don't get it with the bios update for retail motherboard not for OEM.. and I still can't find an update for it too.

well I still don't get it with the bios update for retail motherboard not for OEM.. and I still can't find an update for it too.
As there doesn't seem to be an actual support page over at Asus then you need to investigate this using only the clues provided. Usually simply googling the make and model is enough but for some reason information regarding your model is scarce.

I cannot therefore recommend you update the bios unless you were absolutely sure it was correct.

Try asking on a forum dedicated to Asus and see if anyone knows of your model.

Back
Top Bottom