Windows 7 Blue-screen when playing CS:GO

Ok cool. If you get really stuck let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Also, a lot of the Intel drivers are saying I don't meet the minimum system requirements to install the latest drivers.

Also, a lot of the Intel drivers are saying I don't meet the minimum system requirements to install the latest drivers.

Probably best if you just stick with the support page drivers for now and research the drivers at your leisure thats what I was kinda meaning really.

Oh right, ok. Well I'll see how the ones I have work now. If not I've got the day off tomorrow to do some Google-ing. I know I'm being a bit of a pain now, but this is really starting to get to me!

Well it can be a little difficult finding them first time around but once you do make sure you favourite the pages etc.

I was just wondering, yesterday you said it may be something more serious than drivers, I was wondering what else it may be? I've heard RAM can sometimes be an issue, are there other things as well?

Well if the issue continued then we could test other components. Is the issue still happening?

Earlier my PC drivers stopped responding and caused it to freeze. It didn't blue-screen, but this usually leads to one.

I've updated some of them. I was more just wondering what else it could be if when I update the rest of the drivers it doesn't work.

Well you can always google what the cause is and you'll see it can be many things although it's usually heat related.

Did you remove AVG?

I was more just wondering what else it could be if when I update the rest of the drivers it doesn't work
Can you please just update the drivers.

Yup, I removed AVG and have finally found the most up to date drivers ( or at least I think/hope I have! ) I though the ones on the MSI website were the most up to date, hence my confusion. I'm getting on the new drivers now.

Cool... Once i know all the drivers have been updated then we know it might possibly something else (if it still continues of course). Hope all goes well.

Ok, so far I've updated:
AMD display drivers
Realtek drivers
Intel graphics drivers
Intel chipset drivers
Intel USB drivers

I used the MSI website as guide and these were all on there. Are there any drivers I've missed? I searched windows 7 on the Intel drivers page and I've got all the latest ones from there.
I can't really think of anything else, but I've probably overlooked something. Thanks

Ok good. They were the ones I was most concerned about. What about checking for dust inside the machine? Dust can be a major cause of heating issues and it's worth checking your system. I clean mine out every 3-6 months as it does make a difference.

Please open the start menu, find command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. If you have any corruption within windows this will try and repair it.

Ok, the scan just finished. It said it did not find any integrity violations. Some guy suggested I should do this about 2 weeks ago before I posted on this forum and it came back with a couple of errors and fixed them.
I've also given my machine a quick dusting. I didn't do a great job, I don't really want to go poking around the components too much, but it's a lot cleaner than it was!

Back
Top Bottom