Windows 10 BlueScreen when setting Custom Resolution Nvidia

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I could do this in Build 9841 but in Build 9860, every time I try to set a custom resolution (5960x1080) I get a BlueScreen which seems to be related to cdd.dll. Since this is an Nvidia SLI system running three monitors it might be specific to that type of operation, but this behavior is worse than the earlier Build.

To get my system back I have to boot into safe mode and uninstall the Display Adapters...

If you want to check, the dump files. I seem to be having problems with the symbols in WinDbg if anyone knows a fix. It worked fine in 8.1 and I am still using the same symbol locations.

Attachments

• 102214-15484-01.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 260
Hey Clark,
you can download the symbols for Windows 10 Tech Preview here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/hardware/gg463028.aspx

I seem to be having an issue installing them plus I notice they are only for the previous build.. I did look at your dump files but apart from seeing the probable cause there wasn't much else I could see. I'm trying a different download and will look again after.

I am having problems with them loading also. I will have to work on it tomorrow, but mine seems to say it can't find the kernel. You think it is because of the 9841 to 9860 situation? I am still using the 8.1 debugger and have not seen one designated as Windows 10..

Thanks

Capture.PNG
Guys, I just downloaded the symbols without a hitch. I not sure how to use them though. Just wanted to see if they would download.

Last edited:
I am having problems with them loading also. I will have to work on it tomorrow, but mine seems to say it can't find the kernel. You think it is because of the 9841 to 9860 situation? I am still using the 8.1 debugger and have not seen one designated as Windows 10..

Thanks
Sorry Clark I fell asleep at the keyboard last night waiting for the download to finish... Wow was my neck sore.. :) As for what you say above I think it's most likely the reason. I downloaded and installed these symbols with the old build and they just flew in no problem. I just tried again using other methods but no..

Sonny
Thanks bud. We can download the symbols fine but it's installing them on the new build which is proving the issue. Clark's ideas above are probably why it isn't installing.

I did some research on the cdd.dll file and apparently it's a (or part of) windows Canonical Display Driver and I wonder if this, your issue, is a bug within the actual system?

We are still waiting (debuggers in general) for the Windows 10 symbols to be uploaded to the servers. I've spoken to several other debuggers from other sites and they've asked me the same thing... We are all still waiting it seems.

Back