Windows 7 Bluescreens since new PC Build (Win7)

Billy0815

Hello,

I'm getting BSOD since I build a computer in august. It was built with factory new parts but I'm aware that a hardware problem is possible too. I tried many "solutions" and reinstalled windows a dozens of time. But I guees the current status of my PC is withdrawable from the attached files.

I don't have all minidump files due to the reinstallation of windows. Moreover I didn't know that I have to configure windows to save the minidump files into the minidump folder.

As you can see the recent bluescreens happened yesterday. As a consequence I updated the BIOS to the latest driver. After that another Bluescreen was triggered with a different error code. After that I tried to play a game and I could play it one hour long without a crash. Since then I dindn't have time to try it out. But I think there's a problem that has to be solved. The bluescreens happened mostly while playing a game.

I hope I provided every information you need.

Regards,
Billy

Attachments

• W7F_03-12-2016.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 386
  • Screenshots of CPU Z and Rammon.zip
    292.6 KB · Views: 325
A lot of the dumps are blaming your CPU as the problem, the other bug check codes look like it's trying to acquire a lock on the CPU and that fails as well causing the BSOD

Thank you for your answer.
Can you tell me what the problem is exactly? Is that a physical error on the CPU or just a driver problem or something like that?
I have warranty on the CPU and I would ask the store to replace it in that case.

Apologies as i missed your original post. I'm debugging the dump files now and will post back shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800e72f028, b0800000, 40151}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
most of your dump files are like the one above. Bugcheck 124 means a fatal hardware error occurred and typically is associated with overclocking and a over heating cpu/system. Other causes can include drivers/software as well as an out of date bios. (which i see you brought up to date) Mind you the current chip your running can get extremely warm when gaming. I once tested a similar chip and was shocked at the temps I was seeing especially when under normal stress testing the temps looked fine.

If your running any overclocks please return to default values.

Do you know what your current temperatures are, at rest and at full load?

Which cooling solution are you using, stock or third party?

As to whether the cpu is faulty, testing will eventually show if the cpu is faulty or not.

Stress Test
The best application to monitor temperatures is HWiNFO64 as this also provides a record of low's and high's

You can stress the CPU using Prime95 . Scroll down the page for instructions on how to use it.
Run for about an hour unless temps too high.

Make sure you watch the temps when testing. If the cpu starts going past 65c - 70c then stop as this is getting too warm for that particular chip.

Drivers
Your system drivers could do with being updated as they could indirectly linked with the bsod.

Your motherboard support page is carrying 2016 versions as some of yours date back to 2010:
970 PRO GAMING/AURA - Support

Please post any results from testing.

Post any new dump files.

Last edited:
Hello kemical.

Thanks for this detailed answer.
My CPU is cooled by a Be Quiet! Pure Rock 150W TPD.

I actually got an eye on the temperatures especially when the most recent BSOD occured.
In idle the CPU is around 30 °C; while gaming between 50 to 60 °C.
The recent BSOD occured respectively after about 10 minutes of gaming. And the temperature were about 50 °C.

I don't use overclocking. Everything is stock.

What do you exactly mean with the drivers from the Asus site? As far as I know I have the latest driver installed.
I only found this one driver for the CPU from early 2016.

Side note: since the latest Crash after the BIOS update I didn't get any BSOD yet.
And I was gaming for a few hours yesterday.

I will do a stresstest later this day and post the results.

Thank you very much so far. I really appreciate the help.

What do you exactly mean with the drivers from the Asus site? As far as I know I have the latest driver installed.

Check the versions on the motherboard support page against the driver versions installed. As you see from the snip just below that the drivers all look like later versions at least by the date anyway.
drivers.JPG

It sounds like you may have solved the issue with a bios update but if issues should re occur then post back.

Thank you, kemical.

I'll post the screenshots of HWinfo below.

The first screenshot was about an hour in idle then I started prime for about 1,5 hours.
The second screenshot was taken after a 3 hours gaming session in GTA V.

Still no BSOD but they occured just randomly in the past. Sometimes it was possible to use the computer a few weeks without them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-04 17.31.15.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-04 17.31.15.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Screenshot 2016-12-04 21.24.51.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-04 21.24.51.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Hi,
thank you for the screenshots. I can see a possible issue. If you check the Vcore ( this is the voltage for the chip) it's very high!
Screenshot 2016-12-04 17.31.15.jpg

Normally your chip runs at around 1.375 - 1.4v or at least should. Also at idle the Vcore should drop to a trickle, something like .800MHz or 1.1GHz.

When you flashed the bios did you immediately apply 'optimized defaults'? If not then boot into the bios and you should be able to find the setting pretty easily as you normally don't have to go far into the bios. It's usually an option listed either on or near the first page of the bios.

Once that's done please run the above app again and take a screenshot of the Vcore settings as well as the 'Core #VID' (near the top).

To be honest if these figures are correct I'm surprised it wasn't running hotter but let's see what is revealed.

Any problems post back.

Last edited:
Good call Kem. The specs on the AMD FX 8350 do state 1.4v At overclock.net many people posting you shouldn't go over 1.5v so most likely causing the BSODs.

Look at the 3.3 and 12v on that, theres something up with those to. I saw the vcore and thought it odd. Though in his cpu-z the vcore is 1.416 or there abouts. Possibly misreporting from hwinfo?!

I'm glad that I stumbled across this forum.

I'm pretty sure that I did apply the optimized settings in my BIOS and just checked.
They're applied.

So the problem with the CPU is the high voltage. Does it mean the CPU is faulty or can it be fixed somehow?

EDIT: I just read nmsuk's comment.
I just opened CPU Z and the voltage there is around 0.9 to 1.4.
When I looked into HWinfo under CPU [#0] the voltage states similar results.
I'll attach a screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-04 23.43.31.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-04 23.43.31.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Looked at the CPU-Z and it does indeed say 1.41v, perhaps a bug in hwinfo? It could also be an issue with PSU perhaps it's got an issue.

I'm glad that I stumbled across this forum.

I'm pretty sure that I did apply the optimized settings in my BIOS and just checked.
They're applied.

So the problem with the CPU is the high voltage. Does it mean the CPU is faulty or can it be fixed somehow?

EDIT: I just read nmsuk's comment.
I just opened CPU Z and the voltage there is around 0.9 to 1.4.
When I looked into HWinfo under CPU [#0] the voltage states similar results.
I'll attach a screenshot of it.

Thanks for posting the above.

Well the VID looks like it should and I wonder if the app isn't reporting correctly. The best way to tell what your machine is actually running at is to go into the bios and check the actual settings.

See what these apps say:
Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget

TechPowerUp

Are you running any other applications yourself as there may be a conflict?

Just from looking at some things looks like the JDEC specs of your memory are different, as in different XMP ratings. Also looks like you have Turbo Boost enabled because the voltage to your cores is fluctuating wildly. That along with mismatched ram will cause your BSOD's. Better to disable Turbo Boost, set your clocks manually and get matching memory.

Quick edit you may also have power saving enabled within the bios. If you do you may want to disable that (for now), and also make sure you have it disabled within your operating system under power schemes. Disabling power saving mode, disabling turbo boost, setting v-core "manually" at about 1.31-1.35, and taking care of any possible ram mismatch would possibly help.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you saw the different xmp timings but both are 1.3.

Code:
XMP Revision    1.3  -  1.3
Taken from the JDEC supplied.

In any case Let's run through this methodically as too many instructions can confuse the op. Please follow instructions given in my post #16 above.

See what the settings say in the bios. If they are correct then no need to worry and it might simply be the HWiNFO being buggy. Try those apps too and post the results.

I'm running a very similar system. I'm overclocked and using the same Vcore. At stock the Vcore should be 1.3750. May I suggest you find the stock Vcore and set it manually in the bios. Also check the bios and see if there are any overvolting settings set and disable them. Now for the memory set XMP to enabled if that board has the setting. But first do as Kemical has suggested. We posted at the same time so I've edit ed this post to reflect that

Can we just see some results first before running ahead with any changes?

Has anyone bothered to follow this thread?

Back
Top Bottom