Windows 8 Bluetooth device battery indicator

AwayFromReality

Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of bluetooth wireless headphones. When paired to my iPhone, a battery level indicator is displayed for this device on my phone.

I was wondering if there was a way to display battery level on my PC for that bluetooth device when it is paired with my windows 8.1 laptop. Not sure if Windows has that native functionality or if another software can achieve this. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think you would need to get that from the company that manufactured the headphones. Perhaps they have a little utility you could download from their website.

I checked and the manufacturer doesn't seem to have their own specific software. Since the battery level automatically shows up when connected to my phone, I figured there was a way to do the same on windows. The headset is obviously broadcasting its battery level, just needs some sort of software to accept and display it.

Sidenote: I know Macs have a built in battery meter for bluetooth devices, I thought maybe windows might have the same.

I know this is an old thread, but can't hurt to add some update....

Bluetooth Battery Monitor (Bluetooth Battery Monitor) does what you are looking for. It's still in beta testing as of this posting (9/2017), but it works fairly well with many headphones and some of the mouse/keyboard devices.

Full disclosure: I'm the author of that software.

Your program is nice, i cant believe that no one else has thought of something like this. However, i think that there should be a more expensive license to go on all of your devices, instead of just one license per device. I have like 6 pc's that i use regularly.

Back
Top Bottom