Windows 7 boot screen problem

Gilly

windows 7 boot screen isnt showing ,its still showing the vista green bars . ive heard if youre resolution is too low it doesnt show my current res is 1280*720 but even if i switch it the res to 1920*1080 it still doesnt show ..im using HDMI cable and using my tv as a moniter ..why you think its not showing?

thx...............

Can you give us some more background?
Is this a clean install?
What are your system specs?
Are you trying to dual-boot?

thanks for the clarification!

Can you give us some more background?
Is this a clean install?
What are your system specs?
Are you trying to dual-boot?

thanks for the clarification!
clean install
build 7229 32 bit

Acer Aspire m3201
Phenom 9150e quad core 1.8 Ghz
2gig ram

onboard graphics card ATI Radeon HD 3200

Try typing this is the command promt see if it helps.

bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US

Im guessing it does have something to do with your resolution. If your monitor doesnt support 768 lines it will only display the Vista graphic.

Try typing this is the command promt see if it helps.

bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US

Im guessing it does have something to do with your resolution. If your monitor doesnt support 768 lines it will only display the Vista graphic.
yes thats probably the problem then

what does bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US that do?
edit.
i can watch high res films but not see a boot screen that is fucked man;)

type run in the search box then type msconfig and under the boot screen make sure the box for no gui boot is unchecked

this thread is ancient:p

no i know about that no gui boot thing

the thing is when i boot the res is 720-480 then soon as the boot screen is finished it jumps back to 1280-720 my resolution whats best for seeing everything on the screen from abit away,but even if i set it too 1920-1080 it still goes in a really low res on boot load screen

i havent even got that pc knowmore this topic is that old,
i can play crysis ,cod mw2 with jaw dropping graphics #@1920-1080@60hz on my hdtv but my hdtv cant handle the 7 boot screen pmsl:eek:

Back