Windows 7 Boot time with windows Home Premium 64 - bit

donaldadkins

Hi,

I have a Toshiba p205-s6287, intel duo processors, 4gb RAM. I am running Home Premium 64-bit. After doing some minor tweaks, my boot time is ranging between 67 and 87 seconds, as measured by the events view log. I am only running a few programs on startup, ie, carbonite, roboform, MSS, Synaptics Pointing Device, Action Center, Toshiba power supply, network icon, volume control icon... If i don't startup Carbonite I only improve by a few seconds.

I was curious to what boot times others with like setup are experiencing? If your boot time is much improved from mine, maybe you could share some secrets.

I know this isn't such a big deal, but if I can improve on what I have, I'd sure like to.

These are the two warnings I got in event viewer:

Windows has started up:
Boot Duration : 77197ms
IsDegradation : false
Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2009‎-‎11‎-‎08T02:40:29.780800500Z

This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process:
File Name : MsMpEng.exe
Friendly Name : AntiMalware Service Executable
Version : 2.0.6212.0
Total Time : 1845ms
Degradation Time : 1487ms

Any experts on boot times out there?

Thanks,
Don

Great info, Please close thread. I didn't mean to start a boot time comparison competition.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
Most of us almost never shut down. check you administrator logs under Event Viewer / custom if you resolve everthing so that nothing is reported there it won't get much faster. You may can shave 5 seconds off by running MSconfig and checking NO Gui. Sometimes a disk in your dvd will slow down bootup.
Make sure the drive you are booting is first in the boot priority in your bios.

There are ton of services you can switch to Manual rather than automatic.. and over 100 programs in the Task Scheduler that have to be checked.... You can disable them ALL.. I even turned off Task Scheduler and it didn't hurt a thing.

I have a ton of these tweaks in my blogs. Knock yourself out!

Hi,

I have a Toshiba p205-s6287, intel duo processors, 4gb RAM. I am running Home Premium 64-bit. After doing some minor tweaks, my boot time is ranging between 67 and 87 seconds, as measured by the events view log. I am only running a few programs on startup, ie, carbonite, roboform, MSS, Synaptics Pointing Device, Action Center, Toshiba power supply, network icon, volume control icon... If i don't startup Carbonite I only improve by a few seconds.

I was curious to what boot times others with like setup are experiencing? If your boot time is much improved from mine, maybe you could share some secrets.

I know this isn't such a big deal, but if I can improve on what I have, I'd sure like to.

Windows has started up:

This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process:

Thanks,
Don

Hi, Could you tell me how you got the boot times in the event logs?

Hi,

Windows has started up:

Thanks,
Don

You must have missed this thread? Check it out as it does contain info you'll find interesting..

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-rumors-news/20404-windows-7-does-not-boot-faster.html

You can get to the event view a number of ways. The way I do it is click on start, type in "eve" and enter, select "view event logs", expand "Applications and Services Log", then expand "Microsoft", and select "Windows", on the right side in the Windows pane, select "Diagnostic-Performance", at the top of the Diagnostic-Performance pane, you will see a name "Operational", click on it and the boot information is available. You can click on one of the warnings or error levels and get additional info at he bottom of the screen.

Hope this helps,
Don

You can get to the event view a number of ways. The way I do it is click on start, type in "eve" and enter, select "view event logs", expand "Applications and Services Log", then expand "Microsoft", and select "Windows", on the right side in the Windows pane, select "Diagnostic-Performance", at the top of the Diagnostic-Performance pane, you will see a name "Operational", click on it and the boot information is available. You can click on one of the warnings or error levels and get additional info at he bottom of the screen.

Hope this helps,
Don

You only have to type "ev" and press enter to get started.. you are causing eveyone to waste a keystroke

I find nothing there... and what warnings?

Thanks Terry, You have been a source of information that I have heavily relied on.
Don

Welcome... did anything actually work? I seldom hear back from anyone who tried my tweaks... I assumed their system crashed and they are trying to get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom