Windows 10 Booting Windows 10 results in Rolling back your PC to previous version

lPing7

I have a laptop running Windows 8.1
I downloaded the Windows 10 technical preview ISO file from the Microsoft website and successfully installed it
When I restarted the PC, there were 2 options-One was Windows 10 technical preview and other was the roll back to previous version
I realized I needed windows 8.1 for a few things and hit the roll back button
Now I'm stuck on Windows 8.1 and have no idea on how to go to 10
If i try installing Win10 using ISO file, it finally results in "Rolling back your PC to previous version" and I'm back with 8.1
Can somebody help, goal of the task is to boot up Win10 technical preview

Does not "Rolling back..." means de-install Windows 10 and restore your Windows 8.1? I think you will have to install Windows 10 again. Sorry

I suspect your problem is that you are not selecting, and using, a separate partition for the Windows 10 installation.

Create another partition. Call it something you will recognise (Win10?)
Boot up your ISO DVD and work through to the second Window , "Install Now"
Click this and then agree with the eula in the next window.
The next window will give you the option to "customise". Select this and choose your new partition. click next and sit back for 15 minutes or so.

@bochane That's exactly what I tried, but when the setup is complete and PC restarts, the rolling back screen appears
@davehc How exactly do I create a partition? And when I run Win10, the Win8 partition will take up space so what happens if I delete it?

UPDATE
@davehc I now know how to create a partition, but I want to forgot Win8 and use only Win10. This means I don't want dual boot. But is it safe only to run Win10?

UPDATE
@davehc I now know how to create a partition, but I want to forgot Win8 and use only Win10. This means I don't want dual boot. But is it safe only to run Win10?
Windows 10 is a Technical Preview, and is changing from build to build to what it is going to be. It is not yet stable. We all get from time to time unexpexted failures. You may find that programs you bought don't work with Windows 10, you may find your old printer is not being supported any longer. But it is an exiting hobby to try it and it is certainly worthwhile to see which of your programs and devices are working and which are not working.

Microsoft says you use it at your own risk. Make a solid backup of every thing that is important.

Back