Windows 7 Bootmgr img is corupt

HELPme911

Okay everyone here seems to be my problem.

I attempted to reboot my pc with windows 7 build 7068 a few weeks ago and i recieved the following error when booting from cd drive : Bootmgr image is corupt. I have done alittle research today and I cant seem to findsomething that will help me. It will not let me get anywhere with the installation or repair it just immediantly goes to bootmgr img is corupt. I thought it was my hdd so i sent it into Western digital and they sent me a new one. Sure enough its doing the exact same thing. I even tried to boot my pc with my old windows xp cd that came with my computer. A different error screen comes up but it still wont let me load windows on my pc.

I called the company i bought my pc from and sat on technical support for over an hour. Unplugging ram sticks, switching my gfx cards around. changing dvd rw drives. messing with bios. we couldnt figure it out at all. So im hoping the windows 7 community can help me.

Do you think linux would be able to boot my pc? or is that out of the question.

btw i allready had the same build loaded on my pc as i was rebooting with, Ive used the disc numerous times so i dont think its a burning error

Yea i know. Im just trying to get the damn thing to work though. I'm going to download a final copy of windows 7 tonight if i can't get the thing working. But im fearing it s just gonna say the same error

okay well im about to start making a log of whats going on with my pc so hopefully we can locate the issue.

i made a new cd for windows 7 7260 last night that i found on my external hdd. burned it at x1 speed and it sucessfully burned. Stuck the disk in and it went throughloading windows files which is farher than the old disk was going. After the files end loading it goes to a sceen thats something like this.

File : \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

sorry i dont have the exact screen text up. ill explain in a second and as soon as i can get it back up ill type it all out.

For some reason after i get to this screen it wont go anywhere for me. I have to restart my pc. If i try and get back to this screen it takes me immediantly to: bootmgr image is corupt.

When i woke up today i turned my pc on and for some reason it went all the way to the winload error after it had been off for a while. It generally does this when i try a new cd of windows for the first time as well.

ANY comments or help would be greatly appreciated. Im tired of going to the library to write papers!

Okay i just got a new screen after restarting my pc.

The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the comput
ed checksum.

could i possibly be having a hardware issue?

Im using a new hdd. I have tried rebooting with all 4 different ram sticks. All with errors. I have tried switching dvd drives. I unglugged my bottom gfx card so im only running one. Im running out of options here.

or do you think im just not running a bios feature right, or need new software?

or do you think im just not running a bios feature right, or need new software?

It ran on RC right? I would get 7600 from a torrent and make one partition and install clean. You can run 4 months without activation.

See my blogs

It ran on RC right? I would get 7600 from a torrent and make one partition and install clean. You can run 4 months without activation.

See my blogs

whats the difference between attempting a early build model and 7600? how would that even matter?

whats the difference between attempting a early build model and 7600? how would that even matter?

Earlier builds will ALL expire.. 7600 is the first build that can be permanently activated. 7600 has many many many bug fixes and drivers that are most up to date when it was release.

7600 is downloading.. but how can i load it on my pc if it wont even let me load windows xp? do you really think it will let 7600 load on it? could it be a hardware issue or no?

It's probably a waste of time to speculate on possible problems so I recommend you backup your important files to another drive, usb or whatever... burn the iso to disk... set your bios to boot to the install disk.... reboot, go to custom install.... Delete partitions till you have ONLY 1. Install.... and enjoy.... the outcome will be determined by your faith.... do don't let any doubt creep in. ;)

Back
Top Bottom