Windows 7 Brand new laptop will not load main twitter page, all other web trafic works normally

knowjop88

Last week I bought a new Toshiba Protege R835 laptop, with Windows 7, 64 bit. I installed Firefox and started to set up my preferences, install software, etc. I quickly discovered, however, that when I tried to load Twitter the site would time out each time. I would get the standard "Problem loading page" screen eventually, telling me that the site is busy etc. Although a few times I have been to log in and pull up a few tweets, this happens very rarely (prob 10% of the time) and the website is extremely slow even then.

All other websites appear to be loading normally.

Twitter will not load in Chrome or IE either. I have uninstalled the trial Norton antivirus and tried to disable the startup programs that come standard on these models.

I have not installed much new software, just iTunes, VLC, uTorrent, Quicktime, etc. The problem has been consistent from the start, regardless of what software I have added.

Strangely, the problem only occurs when I am wirelessly accessing the Internet. When I use an ethernet cable, Twitter will load normally. My older laptop accesses Twitter with no problems over the same wireless connection.

The problem has persisted for a week now. Any ideas what the problem might be? If you need any information to diagnose my problem, I would be glad to supply it. Thanks in advance.

Back