Windows 7 Broadcom 4321 WLAN Not Detected

romanonly

The HP forum is worthless, so I thought I'd give this one a try.

I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on my machine (hp tx2110us). Been able to get pretty much everything working, but the Broadcom WLAN isn't consistent. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears! Can't see it in Device Manager at all, like it's not even connected!

When I installed Windows 7 initially it detected the card during setup on first boot and I had no problem connecting to my network.

At first I thought it was a conflict as it seemed to happen when I installed other drivers. So I wiped the HD, did a CLEAN install of 7, got it working, installed the Windows Update for Broadcom, rebooted, AND IT DISAPPEARED. So no other drivers have been installed other than stock Windows and IT STILL DISAPPEARED. I rebooted into safe mode with networking to see if maybe it would appear, got nothing. So I rebooted and when I logged in, IT CAME BACK! So I rebooted again without changing ANYTHING, and guess what? NO WIRELESS CARD. Not in the device manager, not listed under Network, not listed under unknown, NOT LISTED. Win 7 just seems to see it whenever it feels like it!

Win7 probably detects it about 1 time out of 25 reboots.

I've tried installing the suggested HP driver for it, but it has zero effect. How can I troubleshoot a device that doesn't appear in the device manager?!?!

Does anyone have a clue?

Note: to be sure the card wasn't fried I downgraded to xp and rebooted 20 times. The card worked 20 of 20 times.

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the card? It doesn't look like it is being seen correctly by W 7

Solution

Solution Deleted: 24 hours later the card disappeared yet again.

Don't think there's a fix for this...

Last edited:
Are you letting Windows handle the card, or the OEM driver? With my wireless card, which happens to be in XP, I let the Intel utility control it.

Is the card seated completely? Do you have a wired and wireless adapter and have you disabled the wired one?

Do you have the HP wireless assistant?

The card doesn't work with the Windows OR the OEM driver.

I did reseat the card a few times to be sure, but I'm 99% positive that it's not the issue.

I'm getting the wireless assistant now, but the download page for my model doesn't have it so I'm downloading another models version. I assume they are all the same?

Back
Top Bottom