Windows 7 Browser tracks cleaners?

degal

Hello :)
Pls, help me to choose best cleaning program for my computers that are blocked with temps and other files from Internet.
How to clean my computers?

Thanks a lot

If you are using IE, there is a built in option. Tools - Internet optins - General - Browsing history and click settings. Delete the things you do not want, on exit.
Also Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Empty Temporary Internet folder..etc.

I'm a little bit sceptic as for some program as CCleaner. I've used it about a year ago but it always
did not properly clean my wife's home computer.

Then I found Mil shield and my standards already have reached as for the computer cleaning. My wife is finally happy :)

I personally have been successfully cleaning as RAK suggested:

1. Any browser has tools > options, where you can find COOKIES, HISTORY, and CACHE which you can click on a button there to clear.
2. If you use Mozilla Firefox, tools > start in-private browsing, this way you won't accumulate any cookies or history during in-private browsing.
3. If you use Opera browser, tools > preferences > advanced > cookies/history - there you can set not to accept new cookies, and set the amount of history to store to 0
4. Other browses have similar options

CC Cleaner is safe and reliable, but it does require user circumspect actions.

First, there are many kind os tracks that the browsers left - cookies, history files, index.dat files, flash cookies, temps files,
feeds cache, typed urls, recent download folder, crash session recovery folders, saved form info and passwords, browse history,
search history, online storage accounts info and so on.

These all browsers tracks and files can not be cleaned from the browser settings. So use some advanced program like Mil Shield for example.
http://www.milincorporated.com/pics/shot2big.jpg

Crab Cleaner doesn't clean all these stuff, man.

You can use some browser settings to clean files but they don't remove all stuff.

If you have Win XP or Win 2000 then Temporary Internet Files are here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

the cookies are here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\

the index dat files are here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHistXXXXXXXXXXX\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\UserData\index.dat

and so on.

But there are no browser that cleans everything. Actually, it will clean a little bit of things:
for instance cookies&cashe (not all), saved passwords .

I have on 3 PCs Mil Shield, and on my notebook I use 'crap' Cleaner. Both are good cleaners but Mil Shield removes much more things (for example, windows error files, Win RaR and Win Zip traces) than CCleaner.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot

for the answers.
I've just installed Ccleaner and mil Shield in the Windows 7 system and we will see how they work.

Thanks again, i will let you know what is going on with their performance.

:razz:

Mil shield is a very good program for non-technical users

and at the same time has an intelligent system to cleaning and detecting of the online///offline tracks. I was surprised when I found how much free space I already have after running Mil Shield. So, use it and don't ask such questions.
I have also Webroot washer but it does not work on Windows 7 at all.

degal, share your tests in Windows 7 (for mil shield)

Mil Shield runs well in Vista x64 but in Windows 7 64x? I'm not test it yet.

although, I have to admit - it is probably the best cleaner I've ever tested on Vista x64.

Excellent programs

i've tested ccleaner and mil shield.

ccleaner, the good: it's free, easy to use and understanding.
ccleaner, the bad: it has a primitive registry system to cleaning.

mil shield, the good: many options, a smart system to detecting of all needless files.
mil shield, the bad: it's paid but has free huge upgrades.

BAD cookies and cache and etc.

CCleaner or Crap Cleaner is a freeware that I have and honestly it is a good cleaner but Mil Shield is better because erases incredibly large and varied quantity of junk into the PC.

They both make your PC faster and free valued hard disk space but I still believe more in MilShield.

Now there are so many web sites with Bad cookies and cache that I want my PC to be clean out daily.

Cleaning tips:

# Clean Your Browsing History - you can run browser options, each browser has such option
# Destroy INDEX.DAT files structure - run some powerful program as mil shield that has 6 or more ways to shreds files.
# Empty out the Recycle Bin - run ccleaner, it's right to this
# Free Space Cleaning - run windows washer, it cleans fine.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot again :)

for the answers.

Ccleaner and mil Shield performance is fine in my Windows x32bit system-I already tested them. They've installed fine, they run fine.
Ccleaner is free but mil Shield has so much program options that I already have it on my work comp.

thanks for your opinions, they help me a lot.

Mysticangels, Mil shield is not only browser traces cleaner. Has full Windows Registry and Files/Folder cleaning with custom tasks that I find useful.Love it!

It is extremely useful for cleaning up computers with both free and full hard drives.

That's me :razz:

hi,

I've tested and recommend Mil Shield.I work daily with 4 browsers and this program performs its job on a high level.

let's call it a day!

Oh, guys, stop talking! Everybody knows about mil shield, ccleaner or windows washer. They probably have millions of downloads, so enough talking! :(

Oh, guys, stop talking! Everybody knows about mil shield, ccleaner or windows washer. They probably have millions of downloads, so enough talking! :(

Lol!:eek:
Now seriously. Mil Shield is a very good program and it removes a large amount of unneeded junk. It removed 2GB of needed files and tracks for me when I first used it.You can not be wrong with this piece of software.

ccleaner is a freeware but not so good program.

windows washer does not support windows 7. :confused:

Thanks a lot again :)
for the answers.

Ccleaner and mil Shield performance is fine in my Windows x32bit system-I already tested them. They've installed fine, they run fine.
Ccleaner is free but mil Shield has so much program options that I already have it on my work comp.

thanks for your opinions, they help me a lot.

degal, I agree. That's absolutely exceptional product! (i mean Mil Shield) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom