Windows 11 ONE DRIVE

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello,

In my ONEDRIVE happen something that i don't understand.
I didn't customize anything.
Only copy ma DATA to backup it.
But he always cretate without my intervention a file with several names, like Dokumente, i delete it and he create another named Documenti, end so on.
Why this happen, and how i can eliminate it definitivelly.
Thanke for your help.
José Paiva

Hello José Paiva,

This is a very common question, and I can assure you, it's not a sign that something is wrong with your OneDrive.

These folders you're seeing, "Dokumente", "Documenti", etc. are auto-generated by OneDrive and are localized to different languages. For example, "Dokumente" is German and "Documenti" is Italian for the word "Documents". They're part of the standard structure of OneDrive and are created to provide areas to store your content by type.

The creation of these folders can be triggered when you make changes to your OneDrive settings or when an update to OneDrive is installed, and the system checks to ensure that the default folders are in place. If you delete them, OneDrive will recreate them automatically.

In terms of stopping this from happening, it's unfortunately not possible right now to prevent these folders from being created as they're part of the standard OneDrive setup. But, they don't use any storage space if they're empty, so you can either treat them as part of your file structure, or you can ignore them if you don't plan to use them.

I understand that this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope this helps in understanding why these folders keep appearing.

Best Regards.

Back