Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

And hello again! I got another bsod, same memory management issue. This time I just finished updating Dxtory and was opening all my programs up again and it screened. I was opening steam and skype. Here's the other dump file.

Attachments

• W7F_09-05-2015.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 505
I ran the corruption test again and it found a file that was corrupt. I can't get into the log to see what it is.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {31, fffffa800a372540, fffff8800bdb6000, fffff8a004f7025c}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7171 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above Bugcheck 1A means a severe memory management issue occurred and the parameter which shows what type of Bugcheck 1A it is, is 31:
0x31
The image relocation fix-up table or code stream has been corrupted. This is probably a hardware error.
ref: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557391(v=vs.85).aspx

However I would consider any third party software your running as suspect as I see your running system information apps, anti-cheat apps as well as Rivatuner or at least a version of Rivatuner which itself is well known for causing bsod issues with Windows 7.

Test by removing each one in turn and see if the bsod stops.

Some of your drivers are also in need of updating.

Rt64win7.sys Wed Dec 26 17:17:50 2012: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

RTKVHD64.sys Wed Aug 21 05:48:22 2013: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If after making the above changes the bsod still occurs then you need to go back and test the RAM. Sometimes it can be that Memtest86 may not find any errors within the 12hrs, that doesn't automatically mean the RAM is good. It could be that Memtest86 just didn't find the bug within that time frame. Each test memtest86 runs is different so it's a case of waiting to see if the memory will fail and usually 12hrs is long enough but sometimes it isn't as could be in your case. Now if you have a good idea of what will usually trip a bsod then you could test by running the machine on one stick of RAM at a time. Try to trip the bsod and see if it does it with one stick and not another. Obviously the stick which bsod's is the bad one.

Lastly I may already asked you but just check your Vram is ok too:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

I've been using msi afterburner and riva tuner for a while now. It just started happening not too long ago so I'm guessing a recent update or has it always been causes of screens. I honestly wouldn't know how to trip a screen and see if it really is rivatuner. I'm not entirely sure what causes it. I definitely will run a test on the vram since I had to have it replaced a couple times because my old one always produced artifact errors.

It's looking more and more like it's your RAM but see how you go. If you do bsod again with the same Bugcheck 1A I advise you to test the RAM as discussed.

When you say as discussed should I try 1 stick at a time with the memtest? If I could figure out what causes the bsod I'll try it by tripping it but I'm not so sure.

You could try testing the sticks individually but initially I'd leave memtest86 running for as long possible even 24hrs if you can manage it.

Above you mentioned about replacing Vram. I should imagine by this you mean graphics card as swopping vram isn't possible unless you change the whole card. Anyway how many times did you have to replace the card and was it for the same thing each time?

I had the card replaced 3 times. First time was the fan. Second the cram issues and the third time they sent me another fault card. I'll let it run for 24h

Ran memtest for 30 hours and not a hitch. I'm honestly thinking it could have been what was corrupted with the os or just rivatuner.

Hmm... Well you could try removing Rivatuner if you haven't already done so and see if the bsod returns. Also if the bsod does occurr again with the same memory management error then start running the machine on one stick of RAM. See how it runs for a while and if it bsod's swap the stick over. See if there is a stick which doesn't bsod.

I haven't blue screened yet but for some reason when I was in mid game of League of Legends I got a prompt showing up that said " Windows encountered a critical error, one minute save anything etc.." Any idea what causes that?

I haven't blue screened yet but for some reason when I was in mid game of League of Legends I got a prompt showing up that said " Windows encountered a critical error, one minute save anything etc.." Any idea what causes that?
It could well be game dependant and I would check through any FAQ's or support information (forums too) which relate to that particular game especially if the issue is only occurring with that game.
http://puu.sh/hNTTV/8b86c85298.png
Btw this is the error i get with the sfc /scannow command. Should I just pop in my windows disk and repair? Could this be causing some of my problems?
It's possible.

If you post the logs I'll have a quick look through and see what looks like the problem.

It's the first time it's happened in a long time if not the first. Haven't had any problem with the game before. As for the logs the cbs text document is locked along with the .rar files with it.

Back
Top Bottom