Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

Hmm... If I was you I'd consider a clean install and start afresh. It could be why you can't update the SSD as windows has become quite corrupted.

I'm not even sure how honestly. I only play games, watch anime, and download some music. This will have to be my third install T_T.

Is there a way I can make a system image so I don't have to guess what files I want back on my SSD? Without the windows backup.

The trouble is I think there is either something wrong with your hardware or the os has become corrupted. Now if your blue screening as well as stuff not updating properly then something is clearly wrong. In this case I think it would be a mistake to back anything up as your not really sure what is corrupted and what isn't. Also add to the fact that your os back up page is blank.
I did ask you to test your RAM but never got any results back or if indeed you even tested the RAM. Please reread the entore thread and try any of the tests or suggestions I've made but yet you've not completed.

I've tested the ram for 30+ hours at one point with the memtest86. The only thing I didn't try yet was the, reinstalling os which you just recently suggested and then using those other drivers for my audio.

Ran memtest for 30 hours and not a hitch. I'm honestly thinking it could have been what was corrupted with the os or just rivatuner.

I'm looking back at that cmedia driver you posted and it is more up to date than the one posted on the Schiit website. I'll install that instead for now. I know it's not gonna fix anything with the os but if it prevents any further bluescreens then it was worth it. I have another idea. I do mod some of my games like Fallout and Skyrim. Could any of the associated programs that come with modding like mod cleaners or sorters that automatically re arrange or fix code with the mods cause any problems?

*sigh* Was playing The Witcher, had Steam music opened up and playing, and then had a stream up on my second monitor. Was just playing and then my screen went black and no audio. Monitor wasn't getting any signal and pc wasn't putting out audio signal. Wasn't a bsod or anything just turned black. Computer was still running and I just hit my restart button and was back to normal. http://puu.sh/iICDa/f681947cba.png one of my backgrounds were incomplete and missing the bottom portion? Would this be a sign for anything like a corrupt os like you said? I have 275 different backgrounds that switch each 10 seconds if that matters.

Hey,
sorry I've not been around i was installing windows 10 or at least the latest build but anyway from what you say above it sounds like you have a few things going on and it's quite possible that some apps conflicted briefly which ultimately could mean there is an underlying cause possibly corruption. I did in fact check the thread again to see if you'd ran a sfc scan which you had and found corrupted files. You could always try running a sfc scan again and then post the cbs logs like before.

Hmm... well the stuff that effects windows is things like third party applications and drivers. You could try a process of removing anything which could possibly cause an issue.. Slow i know but your fast running out of options as we've pretty much tried everything else.

Well. When windows 10 releases do you think it will be stable enough to use as my OS or should I wait? Will most games/drivers/software support Win10 when it comes out?

The build I'm running now is extremely stable and every game i've tried runs without a hitch. I should imagine that not everything will be compatible but there is a slight chance the whatever the issue is here with windows 7 may re-occur in windows 10?

Well by then I think I'll be able to catch it since it will be installed over time. If not hopefully narrow it down to a hardware issue. But that'll take time as well.

Well if you install one thing at a time (not including drivers of course) and then give it a while to see how it runs you may well catch the culprit but whether you do this in windows 10 or windows 7 is up to you but you need to do something like this..

I swear it's almost like a bad habit.. Still waiting on windows 10 lmao. This could be helpful information just in case though. Here's the file again.

Attachments

• W7F_10-07-2015.zip
    2 MB · Views: 451
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88003ebab80, fffff88002e33598, fffff88002e32df0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+fc8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above is blaming the graphics or at least aprt of the driver and as AMD just released a new Whql driver try updating. Please uninstall the old drivers using this application and safe mode:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15

AMD:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Looking through your drivers I found some that need updating:

amd_sata.sys Wed Apr 11 15:40:24 2012: AMD AHCI drivers please update your AMD chipset drivers.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 7 - 64

rtl8192Ce.sys Wed Jun 15 04:05:06 2011: Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN PCI-E NIC
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...278&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
Your drivers is near the bottom of the page and is titled: RTL8192CE-VA4 (last updated 2013)

As you know there have several dump files related to Memory and indeed the above dump file was created because data held in the memory (graphics data) couldn't be read because either the data or the Memory was corrupt. Now I know you've already tested with memtest86 but if the bsod continues after the above changes then try this. If you know of a certain app or game which will trip the bsod then remove all the RAM save one stick. Try the game or app and see if you get a bsod. If you do then swap sticks and try again. What your looking for is a stick which doesn't bsod. If you happen to find one then you know the other sticks are bad or at least the ones that blue screened.

Yea this time I was just playing The Witcher 3. I usually don't use my wireless card so I just forgot to disable it. Thought I had updated my chipset drivers but I guess I didn't. Thanks. I usually use DDU but I had people say otherwise about it not completely getting rid of old driver software etc.. But I guess since you're recommending it it should be fine then.

I always use it and never have had any issues... So far ;)

How do you like the Witcher 3? I'm playing through it too and loving it.

Back