Windows 7 BSOD at logon time

fab68

Hello,

hopefully you'll be able to explain what I have been experiencing since a a few days ago. I have a HP Spectre XT Ultrabook PC, Windows 7, fairly new. Last year I suffered from a black screen and I had to reformat the disk. Everything worked fine since last summer. Now, every time I switch it on, after a while, just before seeing my desktop's applications and icons I get this BSOD error:

The full error is - stop: 0x0000001E (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

I am attaching the documentation required. I can log on now, after switching the PC on and off many times, but I am a bit scared as I don't know if my hard disk is damaged. Of course I have a image backup, a boot DVD, just in case...
I also ran Kaspersky and antimalware software, no issues. I made a chkdsk /f/r....no major issues, but I am sure that in a few weeks it will happen again.

The problem may be less serious so before changing the hard disk I want to be sure.

Thanks for ANY tips on the culprit!

Best

Attachments

• W7F_26-04-2014.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 569
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff80002f4e1c0, fffff88004504558, fffff88004503db0}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Followup: MachineOwner

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x

Hi,
this is your most common dump file although dumps for Avast AV, The Registry/file structure and storage drivers were all present. Usually having so many different dump files is a sign in itself that perhaps a hardware fault is present. I know you ran a chkdsk but have you also checked what the SMART data is saying about your drive? You might have to enable it in the bios. This app will also help you check on the data:
http://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm
This page also tells you how to update the firmware on your SSD:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5273915&sw_lang=#N65

Run a system file check on the os as you may well have some corruption:
Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

I tried to find your machine but not sure I found the exact model. Please check and then update anything related to your machine particularly storage drivers, SSD firmware, Bios updates in fact anything you can find:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...3&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5273915

BiosVersion = F.06
BiosReleaseDate = 06/04/2012
It's critical that you make sure you have the correct update. Please ensure I have the correct page for your model.

Post any new dump files..

Hi, thanks a lot. This is the output of the passmark info, see the attached file.

You are right, I don't know the exact model of my PC. What I see in System Information is:

HP ENVY Spectre XT Ultrabook PC, nothing else. I had landed on that page but I didn't know if it was the right one. Really don't know what 13-2050nr stands for.

What I see is : BIOS = Insyde F.06 (04/06/2012)
Intel Core i5-3317U CPU 1.70 GHz, 1701 MHz, 2 cores, 4 logic processors
Windows 7 Home Premium
Version : 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
64 bit
SMBIOS 2.7

I had already gone through a sfc /scannow and I had got no errors whatever. I can retry. I suspect HD issues but I have no smart tools to check if my Hard Disk has serious issues.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• DriveInfo.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 344
The passmark had the smart data included and it didn't look too bad. Try checking on the firmware update I posted and also if you got a manual with the machine that will tell which model you have or maybe written on the back of the machine?

Using my superpowers and super eyesight I could barely read 13-2000 el (the last l is ...blurred).

Hopefully it's the right one.

Many thanks!
Now I do hope that I will not make blunders installing it. Last question: is there any documentation I can follow to avoid errors in flashing this BIOS? I see that there is a version that is more updated (2013).
Best

Back