[BSOD] BSOD after re-installing OS

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by mikeyyn, Apr 30, 2012.

1. mikeyyn

mikeyyn New Member

Hello and thank you for viewing my first post on windows7forums. I came across here previously but never signed up until because I have just given up all hope on trying to fix my BSOD(s) that i've been experiencing and figured someone here would hopefully help me out.

I just recently re-installed my OS on my system and after about 6 hours of trouble free i suddenly got a BSOD while surfing the internet. Ive attached the mini-dump to this post.

the system is about 2 years old now other than the new CPU cooler that i just installed a couple months back.

I think thats all i have to say, sorry if i missed anything, this is my first post on the forum and i can reply to any questions asap, thanks again!

Attached Files:

• DMP.zip
      File size:
      489.9 KB
      Views:
  2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi, the dump points to chrome.exe as the reason for the bsod. Try re-installing the Chrome browser or if your using the dev channel change to a a more stable set up. It's also showing a memory fault so please check your memory using memtest: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool Test only one stick at a time. If a stick errors out you'll need to know which one it is.

3. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Additionally a single dump file with Verifier enable is not much to go on.
    Perhaps try turning off Driver Verifier and upload any new dump files.
    Update these
    ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 from here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE expand utilities and grab the 12th one down labeled ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit
    and
    Rt64win7.sys 2/26/2009 from here Realtek labeled Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver 7.053 2012/3/22 740k

4. mikeyyn

mikeyyn New Member

will do guys, thank you for your replies. ill reply with another dmp if I get another BSOD.

5. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Thanks for the reply. Post back if needed..