Windows 10 BSOD caused by Wfplwfs.sys driver

Dimension

It is possible that these 3 recent crashes might be connected to the torrent program called Vuze but I am not sure.

Attachments

• W7F_13-04-2017.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 365
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {ffffa082627e1000, 2, 0, fffff8008da058b8}

Probably caused by : wfplwfs.sys ( wfplwfs!L2802_3ParseMacHeader+8c )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
in answer to your question, Vuze was running at the time of bsod:
Code:
PROCESS_NAME:  Azureus.exe

As to whether it's the actual culprit is another thing though. You can see from the call stack that the issue looks network related but frustratingly no driver is mentioned.
I can see your running Avast AV suite which on occasion can cause the odd issue. Try uninstalling Avast and see if the bsod stops (you can always pop it back on later). In it's place just use the onboard Defender AV alongside Malwarebytes (free version)
You have another program of note called Daemon Tools:
dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jan 13 08:27:08 2011: Daemon tools or Alcohol 120% known for causing bsod's in windows although primarily with Windows 7. Still, please remove for the duration, thank you.

I was trying to find some network drivers via your motherboard support page but it's down at the moment for maintenance. Try the above anyway and please post any new dump files.

I have uninstalled Avast and removed Daemon (it was a folder it was not installed).
Now I will run Vuze in the background while I am doing other things.
If another BSOD appears in the next 5 days I will send the Zip with the crash info.
Thank you a ton for replying.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Dimension and good luck! Please post back with any new updates.

GUYS ! Something is weird

I have installed Malwarebytes and subsequently started running Vuze then the antivirus program continually alerts me "Website Blocked". So far it blocked about 15 within 2 minutes and keeps blocking.
The blocked websites differ in name but sometime it repeats.

Is it possible to sent you the reports from Malwarebytes ? Cause this scares me

GUYS ! Something is weird

I have installed Malwarebytes and subsequently started running Vuze then the antivirus program continually alerts me "Website Blocked". So far it blocked about 15 within 2 minutes and keeps blocking.
The blocked websites differ in name but sometime it repeats.

Is it possible to sent you the reports from Malwarebytes ? Cause this scares me
Well basically it's just Malwarebytes doing it's job and you can now see why torrents are considered full of malware. If there's a site you really just need to access then there should be a way to white list it within malwarebytes so it's allowed through.

So far there have been no bsod - april 23
I will post on this thread again in anything happens.
If nothing happens until june I will say then that it is fixed
Thank you very much for the help so far

Back
Top Bottom