Windows 7 BSOD, clean install BSOD again, change to older OS from old CPU = BSOD

Jezza

im brief, bought a new system, ran sweet for first month.

started getting BSOD until got fed up and did a clean install. was fine for 1 week or so then start BSOD until one day i load windows and it said window 7 configuration data is corrupt please contact support. this is window 7 ultimate 64 bit 1 week after clean install.

i put my old sytem hardrive with window professional 32 into new system, installed drivers and ran fine for a few days until same symptoms of BSOD memory buffer. now windows 7 black load screen and boom BSOD before window 7 launches.

ive tried updating bios, ran memtest on ram, i got 1600hmz ram issit correct if it reads 1586? at mobo boot

Fresh install, again. i open up system, installed ram 4.gb 3.24 usable? is this correct?

i would dump my files but how do i get to them? the windows wont load on that hardrive. im currently using another hardrive for fresh install

Last edited:
Hello Jezza,

attach the .dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump. To boot to windows, try the repair function booting with your 7 install dvd. Also, from the repair options you can choose cmd -> fixboot, cmd -> sfc /scannow.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7728...-with-startup-repair-tool-in-windows-7-vista/

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

Or you can try rearranging sata's so you boot to xp (if it's still working) and then copy the crash dumps from the hard drive with 7. (D:\Windows\Minidump)

Jezza said:
Fresh install, again. i open up system, installed ram 4.gb 3.24 usable? is this correct?

Windows 32 bit cannot utilize more than ~ 3.25.

Jezza said:
ive tried updating bios, ran memtest on ram, i got 1600hmz ram issit correct if it reads 1586? at mobo boot

I'm not sure, but it's close enough. Are bios timings set correct for the memory sticks, do the sticks match each other (same brand?)?

Last edited:
ok hooked it up as a secondary and u may find dumps attached i hope

ive double checked the dram readings on mobo post and the last 3 readings were 1584 1586 and 1516, all different, its that normal

i bought both ram sticks together, they came from the same sealed packet and both identical (im assuming) g.skill trident 1600mhz

right now im running another fresh install with ultimate 32 bit this time heance the 3.24 gb used and not the full 4gb with 64 bit.

the symptoms i recognise before a random BSOD begins is that windows explorer will crash, firefox will crash, gaming and BSOD will happen randomly after that which would lead into windows boot up and crash until windows wont boot at all and BSOD

its kinda progresses itself until i fresh install

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    36 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Yep, indeed as TorrentG has spotted your dumps are from May 28 to June 29th 2010, the system identified as:

Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) x86
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909

~~~~~~~~

All your crash dumps point to the same hardware problem :

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE_PRV

So, my bet would be a) bad ram b) wrong bios/wrong clocks c) a cpu issue. I'll just quote TG:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

If more bsod's, attach the latest dumps.

Back