Windows 10 BSOD don't know why

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
I,v had a few Blue screens of death lately . The first one happened when i tried to move a video screen ( I was watching a video ) . I thought that may have caused it because i did'nt move the screen properly . I tried to update window's earlier today , that was on ages and ended up with a BSOD . I also tried to repair the PC with the installation disc but that did'nt work either .Thank you NettleWarbler .

Hi,
can you use the app found in the thread sticky and post the results please.

Hi,

if you go into the Windows folder, look for something marked 'minidump'.

Post whatever you find in there as it's these files we need to see.

Hi kemical , when i go in the folder i can't see any minidump

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 221
Hi,

your system might not be configured to produce them. Make sure your settings are correct:

Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You'll need to bsod again in order for a dump file to be created.

Hello kemical , il'l have to leave it for now . i was on ages trying to update window's . According to this i'm up to date .

Attachments

• Up to date.PNG
    Up to date.PNG
    86.4 KB · Views: 227
I tried to udate everything went ok , when i checked nothing had been updated . I tried again this time it failed . I tried a third time this time i was on updating for almost 4 hrs , when i started the computer again i got the message undoing changes to your compter . after 10 mins i switched the computer off at the start switch , i tried switching on again and got exactly the same message . I switched off again , i'm on a different drive .

I,m going to change lots of cables , all i seem to get is reboot and select boot device (i usally press ctrl / alt / and del and window's restart's and load's. This drive i installed windows 10 ( clean install ) , it,s a 2 TG drive . I,m going to change the sata cable's and the Sata Power 3 Way Splitter 1 Male to 3 Female Connector Cables . They run from an xfx pro 650 watt power supply model xps-650w-3xb. Do's anyone know a good external sata port .

Attachments

• Sata Power 3 Way Splitter 1 Male to 3 Female Connector Cables.PNG
    Sata Power 3 Way Splitter 1 Male to 3 Female Connector Cables.PNG
    462.9 KB · Views: 222
I'v been on almost 2 hrs with updates , I did not want . The last lot of updates fucked my drive up , if I shut down the computer will I be able to avoid updates . Windows 7 looks a good bet .

Kemical , i'm gonna invest in this from ebay.

Attachments

• ORICO 10 Port USB 3.0 Hub Powered Splitter w 5Gbps Cable & Power Adapter.PNG
    ORICO 10 Port USB 3.0 Hub Powered Splitter w 5Gbps Cable & Power Adapter.PNG
    245.2 KB · Views: 228
I changed the sata cable's and the Sata Power Connector Cables . I also tried to repair the PC with the installation disc but that did'nt work either.

I get reboot and select boot device , even the one that went wrong with the update , it could still be wrong i got the message undoing changes to your compter which went on forever and a day . The cable i use on the power supply was a 4 pin connector with a fitting like one that went on your hard drive ,see pic . There is a 6 pin connector with a fitting like that i don't know if that go's in the 8 pin connector. There are 8 pin connector's but none have that fitting on .

Attachments

• cable.PNG
    cable.PNG
    210.4 KB · Views: 209
Back