Windows 7 BSOD during video streaming and gaming

flashjack

Hi there, this problem started out with my screen turning a shade of blue or yellow, followed by BSOD crashes. I've attached the minidumps for the last 4 crashes I experienced. View attachment Minidump.zip

Here's the setup that I run
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel i7 Q720 @ 1.6GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
MSE, McAfee Security takes care of my firewall, Malwarebyte's anti-maleware

Any other information that will be of assistance I can happily supply.

Thank you

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's a Dell Studio 17 Laptop

Last edited:
Hi there, this problem started out with my screen turning a shade of blue or yellow, followed by BSOD crashes. I've attached the minidumps for the last 4 crashes I experienced. View attachment 8507

Here's the setup that I run
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel i7 Q720 @ 1.6GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
MSE, McAfee Security takes care of my firewall, Malwarebyte's anti-maleware

Any other information that will be of assistance I can happily supply.

Thank you

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's a Dell Studio 17 Laptop

Hi and welcome

Well It makes sense these 4 were caused by your video driver. Called a bugcheck 116 the system attempted to reset your card (the yellow and blue) but failed. Re-install you video driver. I would also remove the virtual drive software you have (alcohol, or daemon tools) they use a file that constantly causes bsod's

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
[/quote]
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Let us know if you need further assistance

ken J

Hey there, welcome.

You're getting 0x116 video tdr timeout errors. Long story short, one of the toughest bsods to repair as the causes are very numerous. Take these following steps and leave out none for the best chance of success and stable machine.

1) Uninstall Daemon Tools. Then use this uninstaller/installer to remove sptd.sys and not to update it:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Install PowerISO for disc emulation because emulation part of the software is free forever and perfectly stable:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

2) Update your O2 Micro card reader drivers as this is too old:

o2mdgx64 o2mdgx64.sys Thu May 21 08:22:50 2009

Visit your laptop manufacturer's site for this.

3) While at laptop site, download and install the latest video card driver to update this:

atikmdag atikmdag.sys Thu Aug 13 22:42:35 2009

4) If you still have issues, then uninstall McAfee completely using the tool found here, in safe mode:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

5) If issues persist, visit laptop manufacturer's site again to download and install the latest bios.

6) If issues persist after all of the above, please post a new crash dump so we can further advise on the situation.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply, I'm currently working through this list and I'll keep you posted, the help is much appreciated

Back