Windows 7 BSOD Every 30mins!

Acehood

Hey guys,

Built my new PC two days ago and put in Windows 7 32-bit. After running fine for a few hours it started to randomly restart itself every hour or so. Lately its restarting every 5-10 minutes even with no activity. i get this message after booting up. "Windows has recovered from and unexpected error". I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers for GPU and still no luck, ive tried everything. I use this computer for study so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here is the minidump folder as well.

Thansk in advance!
Ace

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    828.9 KB · Views: 280
Hey, welcome. Wow, you're not kidding with all those crashes, heh?

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this old, problem-causing and unnecessary driver:

AsIO AsIO.sys Mon Dec 17 04:10:20 2007

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry. Reboot again for good measure.

---------

Update your Realtek HD Audio driver from the following link:

RTKVHDA RTKVHDA.sys Fri May 22 14:03:37 2009

RtkHDAudio

-----------

Visit your motherboard manufacturer's site to download and install the latest update for your Atheros ethernet (lan) driver:

L1E62x86 L1E62x86.sys Tue Jun 09 00:37:07 2009

------------

Have fun learning and enjoy! :)

Hey Mate,
Thanks alot for the quick reply i had this same post in a different thread 2 days ago and they gave no response. So i followed all your instructions and have just finished. But When i went to install the new sound drivers i uninstalled the old ones and before i could put on the new ones windows 7 already installed drivers for sound by it self. So i thought mabye i should leave them? as it will be stable. Not sure if the problem is fixed as no crashes so far but i shall keep you posted mate.
Btw Im loving that CCleaner program. Just dl and it works wonders for such a small easy to use program.

Anyways mate, il keep you posted :)

Hey mate,

Unofrtunetly im back with yet another crash. I have the crash file in the minidump folder here im not sure what it is. I am so fed up with Windows 7! is this a common thing. I would love to switch back over to XP its just that 7 support dx 11 and i like the new look and functions in general. Are these crashes at all fixable? Anyways any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 293
No need to be fed up with Win7. All crashes are fixable. I've never been involved in a thread without a determined conclusion, and I've repaired many thousands. :)

I can tell you without doubt that your memory (RAM) is the culprit. There are 2 causes for your crash types. Bad drivers or bad memory.

I know all drivers. Yours are now perfectly fine.

Test the memory overnight with Memtest86+ if you'd prefer to confirm. When it shows errors, replace the RAM and that will fix it.

You should also check in the bios that the memory is set automatically, as opposed to manual settings.

Windows 7 is by far, the most stable and greatest OS ever made for home use, IMHO.

----------

The only suspect driver is this one. Before doing anything, I would go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and rename it to ALSysIO.BAK

Then reboot.

ALSysIO ALSysIO.sys Sun Apr 19 15:41:19 2009

-----------

Here is your crash:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000000A, {1, 2, 0, 82b3c47c}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

Last edited:
Hey mate,

If it memory thats plain unfair i just bought these 2 sticks last week, and its Kingston too so a good brand. And what is worse is that these 2 sticks were purchased by a friend overseas in Hong Kong so taking them back wont be an option. What il do is run memtest now. But also wont it just constantly crash during memtest? and do i have to do one stick at a time? and finally with that last suspect driver, did you want me to rename the whole C:\Windows\System32\drivers to ALSysIO.BAK or just a specific file in the folder?

Thanks alot for your continued help

It could take many hours to show errors or minutes. Sometimes sticks have to be tested individually to show errors. Sometimes not.

All makers of RAM produce faulty modules here and there. None are immune.

Only rename this specific file inside the mentioned folder: ALSysIO.sys

You're welcome. Please keep us updated on how it's going and/or Memtest results.

Don't forget to set the bios to optimized defaults and save too, before testing and further Windows usage.

Hey, thanks again for the quick reply
So i looked for that file in the drivers folder but it is simply not there? i did a search and it was only stated in the log. Also in regards to mem test, Atm my computer dosent have a dvd-drive as it broke down and i have no floppy that only other way is the USB key setup which isnt working as i have hoped. The automatic installer that prepares the USB fails half and gives me a corrupt installer error which is really furstrating. Any ideas? in the meantime ill keep trying

Thanks alot!

Hey Mate,
No luck with memtest so i have used windows memory diagnostic instead. I ran it twice with one stick at a time and as expected one stick came up faulty zzzz. How reliable is this test btw? but really is dosent matter it has to be that stick of ram. I only got it last week and im not sure if i can claim through warrenty as it was bought overseas but ill try my best. i may have to fork out another $70 for another stick -_-. So what do you think can we conclude it at this stick? i will also let you know if it crashes again.

Thanks again!
Ace

Hey Mate,
No luck with memtest so i have used windows memory diagnostic instead. I ran it twice with one stick at a time and as expected one stick came up faulty zzzz. How reliable is this test btw? but really is dosent matter it has to be that stick of ram. I only got it last week and im not sure if i can claim through warrenty as it was bought overseas but ill try my best. i may have to fork out another $70 for another stick -_-. So what do you think can we conclude it at this stick? i will also let you know if it crashes again.

Thanks again!
Ace

It's reliable enough, but I would also run memtest86:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Yeah, I wasn't able to see where that driver was, which is rare.

It might be in C:\Windows\System32 instead.

Anyhow, yes, if the stick showed errors during any type of test, then it's time to replace it as I've initially said, unfortunately.

Best it to replace all RAM as a matching set. Mismatched RAM often gives problems in and of itself, even when individually well.

I have the same problem here with win2003 and I found that it is caused by ALSysIO which comes with CoreTemp.
When I stop and disable this driver then the problem is gone. Astonishingly the driver does not really exist on my system. In the Registry the path is shown like this \??\E:\Temp\ALSysIO.sys but as already mentioned it is not there nore somewhere else.
After each restart the driver is enabled and shown as running. If I do not stop&disable it the computer freezes after some time sometimes hours sometimes days. If I delete it from the regitry it is recreated and started while the system is up - only disable keeps it down - until next restart. How can I get rid of that behaviour ?

Back