Windows 7 BSOD everyone other day. BlueScreenView says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Please Help!

kody2007

Over i've been dealing with this error for months and i'm done with it... I hope you will end it. =)

Like it says in the topic BlueScreenView says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe.
I've did DriverVerifier... when I reboot I hit the windows loading screen in windows 7 for about 5 seconds and I get a BSOD. I can't get it to generate a .dmp file. I've ran ever scan in the book and cleaned everything out.

I don't know what to do. Please Help!

Hi Kody,
check the screenshot and change settings accordingly if needed. If you can get a dumpfile then please zip it and post it

Lastly, you say you updated drivers ect but is the bios the latest version too?

Hello and Welcome !

Are you able to Login under Safe Mode ? If so disable Driver Verifier. then see if you can login under regular mode.

Bios is the latest version. I changed to the settings in the screenshot.

I have been in safe mode to stop Driver Verifier.

It's Christmas time so I will reenable Driver Verifier and try to get a dump file after Christmas.

That's ok.. Have a great xmas and we will be here when your ready.. :)

Well I woke up this morning to my computer doing this now...

Kinda fixed itself... both screens went black then back on and said the display driver stopped responding then right back to the same thing.

Display Driver 260.99 for EVGA GTX470.

Attachments

• 2010-12-25_09-37-03_975.jpg
    2010-12-25_09-37-03_975.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 440
Getting a new BSOD with this new issue now... computer freezes often. Have to reset to unlock.

3 things....

1) Disable Driver Verifier as it's not needed whatsoever here. Besides, it can create problems unnecessarily.

2) Post the crash dumps if they still continue to happen. C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files there to any other folder. Zip files. Attach zip here.

3) Follow my signature below.

Last edited:
I did disable Driver Verifier.

I can't get it to blue screen... issue im having now is the screenshot I posted little while back. The first issue only pops up and says hello maybe twice a month. This new issue that just so happened to start happening as soon as I wanted to fix the first issue is a killer one. Can you tell anything by the screenshot? I'm thinking maybe the graphics card is just going out on me or something but its really new.

If no more blue screens, I suggest you open a new thread in whatever subforum section you believe it'll fit best.

I did disable Driver Verifier.

I can't get it to blue screen... issue im having now is the screenshot I posted little while back. The first issue only pops up and says hello maybe twice a month. This new issue that just so happened to start happening as soon as I wanted to fix the first issue is a killer one. Can you tell anything by the screenshot? I'm thinking maybe the graphics card is just going out on me or something but its really new.

It looks like your graphics have become corrupted somehow. I'd un-install the graphics driver then use driver sweeper to really clean it out and then re apply the driver.

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

Back
Top Bottom