Windows 10 BSOD - foreverly driver power state failure error :(

trulylost

Hey there. I know this topic is too common but i really gave up finding the faulty or outdated drivers causing this problem. I tried looking at the dump files and it says something has to do with nvlddmkm.sys and pci.sys. Can someone take a look at the dump files and let me know the culprit? Thanks ^^

Attachments

• 112515-16343-01.dmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 439
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe001722a8180, ffffd0017332a990, ffffe00175733ca0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck is usually driver related. Please use the Display driver Uninstaller to remove the current gpu driver. This app is used in safe mode and removes any loose odds and ends which might be left behind by previous installs.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.0.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Laptop drivers are almost exclusively supplied by the manufacturer apart from gpu drivers. I checked your support page and cannot find any Windows 7 drivers. The only drivers they have are for Windows 8/8.1 and win 10.
N550JV - Support
Please check in the advanced power options via the control panel that 'Hybrid sleep' is enabled.

I notice you have Avast AV. This is known on occasion to cause the odd issue so if the bsod continues consider removing to test.

Look in the start menu for command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Post any new dump files.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Regarding the use of uninstaller to remove gpu driver u mentioned above, after i remove the driver i should reinstall them straight away? Because in safe mode i cant seem to connect to internet or use Windows Installer so im afraid that it will get worse if i uninstall the driver and cannot reinstall them.

Also i noticed you mentioned above "I checked your support page and cannot find any Windows 7 drivers. The only drivers they have are for Windows 8/8.1 and win 10". Sorry im abit confused as im using win 10 now. Do i have to download any specific drivers from the site? Thanks

Last edited:
Oh sorry forgot to mention this BSOD started to happen after i installed two latest drivers from the ASUS site u mentioned, ATK Package and ASUS Smart Gesture for the touchpad. I tried to reinstall them but it doesnt seem to solve the problem so im not very sure they are the cause of the error.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Regarding the use of uninstaller to remove gpu driver u mentioned above, after i remove the driver i should reinstall them straight away?
yes. If you download a copy first you can uninstall the driver using the app and boot back into normal running and then install the driver.

Also i noticed you mentioned above "I checked your support page and cannot find any Windows 7 drivers. The only drivers they have are for Windows 8/8.1 and win 10". Sorry im abit confused as im using win 10 now
Oh... LOL it's because you posted in the windows 7 section for bsod's I just took it as read you were using win 7. I'll move your post over now.

Oh sorry forgot to mention this BSOD started to happen after i installed two latest drivers from the ASUS site u mentioned, ATK Package and ASUS Smart Gesture for the touchpad. I tried to reinstall them but it doesnt seem to solve the problem so im not very sure they are the cause of the error.
Ah.. Well I'd uninstall them and see if it makes a difference as opposed to re-installing them.

Back