Windows 7 BSOD from playing specific games, have DMP files, no idea what I'm doing

No, I have the drivers. When you tell me to uninstall these two things in Add/Remove, I don't understand, because they are not there. There's one with a slightly different name, and that's it.

If you don't see them then installed at all then just install anyway... s

Okay, I just uninstalled Avast, the Intel Management Software and the NVidia graphics drivers. I restarted, installed (in this order) the INF driver, the Intel Management, both for Windows 7, and then the NVidia.

Curiously, restarting with no NVidia didn't look any different, but I confirmed it was gone before going on. Now I'm going to turn MR Shifty on. Before, it would consistently Bluescreen me within a minute, so will edit to let you know.

Edit: Bluescreened. Curiously, when the PC restarted, my icons weren't rearranged as they normally would have been. Not sure if that means anything to you. Here's the crash report.

Attachments

• why.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 448
The last two dumps you sent Mr Shifty running at the time of bsod and I wonder if it's clashing with something else like another driver.. ?

Try leaving it off and see if the bsod's stop

I said from the beginning three programs do this. Of course not using them stops it. Doesn't fix the problem.

I said from the beginning three programs do this. Of course not using them stops it. Doesn't fix the problem.
Yeah my bad,

apologies more coffee is needed but still.

I'm not sure that the attitude helps tho'...

Well there a number of things you can try:

Compatibility mode

Installing and running as administrator

Check to see if there are later versions available by visiting the apps webpage,

Sometimes these apps have a dedicated forum . These can be found via a Google or Bing

Okay, I just uninstalled Avast, the Intel Management Software and the NVidia graphics drivers. I restarted, installed (in this order) the INF driver, the Intel Management, both for Windows 7, and then the NVidia.

Curiously, restarting with no NVidia didn't look any different, but I confirmed it was gone before going on. Now I'm going to turn MR Shifty on. Before, it would consistently Bluescreen me within a minute, so will edit to let you know.

Edit: Bluescreened. Curiously, when the PC restarted, my icons weren't rearranged as they normally would have been. Not sure if that means anything to you. Here's the crash report.

Hey there -- just wanted to check up on this and see if you've made any progress. It doesn't sound like Avast is involved in these errors you're seeing but if you ever do need any help, please reach out to us.

I've seen any kind of issue with games crashing you can think of (BSoD, PC won't even post, garbled screen effects, etc) and it's usually due to the program itself, or something in the hardware. From skimming the thread it looks like you've tried updating your BIOS, have you checked other areas of the hardware, e.g. doing a RAM test and checking your PSU? Just some other ideas to try. Again, we're here to help if you need support with Avast.

Hey there -- just wanted to check up on this and see if you've made any progress. It doesn't sound like Avast is involved in these errors you're seeing but if you ever do need any help, please reach out to us.

I've seen any kind of issue with games crashing you can think of (BSoD, PC won't even post, garbled screen effects, etc) and it's usually due to the program itself, or something in the hardware. From skimming the thread it looks like you've tried updating your BIOS, have you checked other areas of the hardware, e.g. doing a RAM test and checking your PSU? Just some other ideas to try. Again, we're here to help if you need support with Avast.
I like Avast, so happy to rule it out as the problem. I guess testing the ram and psu is redundant, as I'm replacing both to fit in a newer motherboard.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll be pretty upset.

I like Avast, so happy to rule it out as the problem. I guess testing the ram and psu is redundant, as I'm replacing both to fit in a newer motherboard.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll be pretty upset.

It is most likely a software issue and we usually ask users to remove third party AV suites as they are often the culprit.

The last file you sent simply isn't enough for us to debug properly, we need the actual dump files. The application found in this sticky will help you collect them:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

One thing I can tell you about the last file posted is that it's graphics related. I reread the whole thread again and although i mentioned about using an app called the DDU to clear out the graphics driver and any corruption it's not exactly clear if you did use it?

If you did forget then it's definitely worth trying and the Display Driver Uninstaller can be downloaded frorm here:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.6.4 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

Now the best way to use the DDU is in safe mode which you can boot into by pressing F8 a few times as soon as the boot up starts. It's quite easy to miss so you may have to try this several times.
This guide may be of some help:
Need to Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode? Here's How

Once in safe mode find the DDU, right click on it and click run as admin.

All you need to do now is click the top option 'clean and restart'.

Once the DDU has done it's thing you'll boot back into Windows where you can install the latest drivers for your gpu.

If you have already tried using the DDU then please list which apps your using. This guide will help you collect the data:
How to Create a List of Your Installed Programs on Windows

Good luck and please post back if you encounter problems.

Last edited:
Apologies for letting my frustration show. You've been helpful, and I seem to have misunderstood some of your advice. I'll do everything listed in your last post and get back to you.

Not a problem SabbatX.. :)

I totally understand regarding the frustration and hope we can sort this out for you.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800038d426f, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDivideErrorFault+af )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
I've been checking your system drivers and found something i missed:

xusb21.sys Thu Aug 13 23:10:17 2009 : XBox USB wireless controller. BSOD issues in Win7 with 2009 driver (found in mid-2012)
I've searched high and low for the 2012 version of this driver although the following page may have the later version:
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Device downloads | Microsoft Accessories
Remember to download 64bit :)

You could also try removing the driver from add and remove section, pull the controller from the USB port, do a reboot and then plug the wireless controller back in. Windows update may find the driver for you.

Please update the following:
iaStor.sys Wed Nov 30 03:39:19 2011: Intel Storage drivers, your motherboard support page has later drivers which can be found under the SATA RAID/AHCI section
GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.1) | Motherboard | GIGABYTE
Install the Hotfix which is found in the same section.

dtlitescsibus.sys Thu Sep 24 21:17:21 2015: Daemon Tools (lite). The full program has BSOD issues with Windows 7 and you could try removing as a test.

See how you go with the above.

Please post any new dump files once the above has been updated.

Sorry I forgot to ask, do you have something installed called a Dolphin Emulator?

By the way, when I installed the Hotfix, I got the standard "Would you like to reinstall with preferred settings?" that Windows 7 usually gives after you install anything, but I didn't see an installation. Was it that quick, or did it not work? Regardless, I've removed Daemontoolslite, removed and reinstalled the Xbox controller Drivers you linked me, and I'm just about to go into safe mode to use the DDU. Please advise on what to do with Dolphin if you can, as I'd really rather not uninstall it if I can avoid it.

Mr Shifty is working! Not celebrating prematurely, though. I'll give it some more time and go test out PCSX2. That one is a little less predictable in when it BSODs, but I should know soon if my problem is fixed.

Bah. I got an hour out of Mr Shifty before it Bluescreened. It used to do it within 60 seconds, though, so I'm hoping this means progress. Here's the crash log.

Edit: Tested PCSX2 anyway, just to be thorough. Here's the crash log.

Attachments

• damnitall.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 425
  • andthereitgoesagain.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that SabbatX..

I also need to see the actual dump files as you have unfortunately posted only the txt versions.

I'm having to nip out but will be back within the hour.

Back