Windows 10 BSOD / LOCKUP suddenly no hardware changes

Bear

I don't know what in the world is going on but in the last 24hrs I've had 3 HARD lockups, a bsod ( last night while idle ) , Camtastia Studio crashing , Chrome sites saying flash is not installed, another site on IE said java was not installed. All of this was working fine just the other day. Nothing has changed other then windows updates. I'm attaching my graball file.
I've done a full avira virus scan, disk cleanup, malwarebytes scan.. nothing, system is clean.
Amazon Music says flash is not installed in chrome. Even after reinstalling it via adobe it still says the same thing.
HELP!!!!!

Attachments

• W7F_29-09-2016.zip
    340.3 KB · Views: 415
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8008bea78c4, ffffc201ba54afc0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi Bear,
the above bugcheck is caused when data held in the memory cannot be read because either the data or the memory is corrupt. Looking through the dump file I eventually came across a possible culprit:
Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B

PROCESS_NAME:  avguard.exe

avguard.exe belongs to Alvira AV suite and I would ask you remove this app and just use the on board Defender (which is probably better actually) as it's very stable.
Alvira has been known to cause issues from time to time which is why we ask for it's removal.

Oh and regarding browsers like Chrome, they stopped using flash just recently because of security reasons. Try installing the latest version of Chrome if you don't already have it.
Chrome Web Browser
Post back with any new dump files.

for some reason I didn't get a email notice so sorry for the long delay.. anyway.. a windows update came out right after I posted this...
as did Adobe. I've always heard avira was one of the best? I'm not sure if avira updated, though I know it updates the definition files regularly.
I also updated nvidia Geforce and driver and now the problem seems to be gone... do you still need me to do the changes suggested?

for some reason I didn't get a email notice so sorry for the long delay.. anyway.. a windows update came out right after I posted this...
as did Adobe. I've always heard avira was one of the best? I'm not sure if avira updated, though I know it updates the definition files regularly.
I also updated nvidia Geforce and driver and now the problem seems to be gone... do you still need me to do the changes suggested?
Hi Bear,
if the issue appears to be gone and your happy using Avira I'd say carry on! :) If issues should re-occur then of course pop back.

well, stupid thing just did it again.. "system service error" was what it told me... I think it created a log...

Hi Bear,
sorry to hear that, please post it up and we'll take a look.

Happened again since the post.. I hope we can figure this out... hard to believe it might be avira when so many friends have the very same AV

Attachments

• W7F_19-10-2016.zip
    99.7 KB · Views: 264
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801a8ca7914, ffffc601b20effc0, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B

PROCESS_NAME:  avguard.exe

Hi Bear,
As you can see the dump is similar to your last posting and it could be that your copy of Avira has become corrupted.

Please use the removal tool and uninstall Avira:
Avira AntiVir Removal Tool - Download

Just use the on board Defender for now. Actually Defender is much improved and is almost a straight copy of Microsoft's Server AV.

Please run these scans so that any corruption within the os will hopefully be repaired:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found

Use the machine as you normally would and see if a bsod occur's. If it does please post the dump file.

If after something like 48hrs the machine fails to blue screen then try installing a fresh copy of Avira making sure you right click on the exe and click 'run as admin'.

Monitor the situation and of course if a bsod occurs please post.

Back
Top Bottom