Random BSOD / NO hardware changes

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by DasFoxx, Sep 16, 2016.

1. DasFoxx

DasFoxx New Member

So just uninstall it or do I have to go in a delete something as well?

2. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

You should be able to uninstall Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility, or see if they have an updated driver and install that.

3. DasFoxx

DasFoxx New Member

Hmm I didn't know that program would have caused the issue. I have removed it, it was provided from MSI actually.

Should I run the verifier again to see if another issue comes up after removing it?

4. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

Doesn't hurt

5. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Code:
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    *                                                                             *
    *******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {62, ffffd00023a82000, ffffd00023a8200c, 5b}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iocbios2.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iocbios2.sys
    Probably caused by : iocbios2.sys ( iocbios2+25b1 )

Followup:     MachineOwner

Hi,
    nice job! The verifier worked a treat and the driver involved is this one:

iocbios2.sys Wed Mar 9 01:15:43 2016: Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning Driver. See if removing this driver helps.

I'm still a little concerned with the other drivers dated 2010:

SiUSBXp.sys Thu Jul 15 23:27:13 2010: Silicone Labs USBXpress Development Kit. I've found a PDF which gives more information but not what it's for. It's a USB driver for sure and seems configurable by a developer. As to what it relates to i'm unsure, you could try creating a system restore point and then follow the method outlined in the pdf on the removal:
    https://www.silabs.com/Support Documents/TechnicalDocs/an335.pdf

You can try but no longer than 24hrs. Also the verifier can sometimes give false positives but anyhoo post any dumps created.

#25 kemical, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  6. DasFoxx

DasFoxx New Member

No other dumps have been made so far but I fine it odd that CPU-Z doesn't pick up my GPU's information.

Maybe you know something on this, im just wondering. Could there be an issue with graphic drivers or the card itself.

Attached Files:

7. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I'm pretty sure your dxdiag looked ok plus try installing the latest version of CPU-Z:
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID