Windows 7 BSOD on Clean Install

StealthATK

Hey all, kind of new to this so bear with me. I'm running a bone stock HP Blackbird 002 which I pre-ordered. It came with the following from stock:

MOBO - ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU - Pentium 4 QX6850 Extreme
RAM - 2 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 MHz
GPU - 2 x nVidia 8800 Ultra SLI
HD - 80GB Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM Drive
500GB Seagate Barracuda 7,200 RPM Drive
OS - Windows Vista Ultimate

Recently, the high speed hard disk failed, which contained my old OS so i figured this was a perfect time to upgrade to Windows 7 while taking advantage of 64 bit and upgrading the RAM.

I have installed a new WD Raptor 10,000 drive (450GB). I'm trying to keep things simple, so I decided to install the RAM AFTER I get the OS running. Well, what do you know, it begins to "load files" and when the bar fills, it says "Starting Windows" for a split second. Then I get the BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. The only hard drive installed is a 100% new and clean Raptor drive, and I'm not sure where to go. Technical information: ***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFA0003d14FFE, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF8000D36E415, 0x0000000000000007)

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Hey there, welcome.

Please navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump to copy the files from there to any other folder. Zip the files then attach the zip to a post. We will have a look at things.

Apologies. I work extremely quickly and only noticed your 0x50 stop in your post.

Go into the motherboard bios settings and set the memory settings all to automatic. Best to set optimized defaults for entire bios then save.

If you still run into trouble, test the memory overnight with Memtest86+. If errors show, replace the RAM.

Awesome, thank you. I've had all the BIOS settings at default, thinking it might be past tweaking that may be causing this, but still no go. I'm working on a laptop without a CD burner so as soon as I've got the Memtest86+ completed, I'll get back to you with the results. THANKS.

Back
Top Bottom