Windows 7 BSOD on my brand new computer. Pulling my hair out!!!!

Thanks for the advice . So you would really recommend getting a new wireless adapter then? What exactly do you mean by memory corruption? Is there something wrong with my ram? I have run memtest86 like 4 times up to 13 passes with no errors. At this point would you recommend a clean install of windows a new wireless adapter and lose mccafee? Is windows firewall safe? Is there another software you might recommend for virus protection and stuff?

Thanks for your help man!

well when debugger suggests memory corruption it can be a multitude of reasons which we would need to debug with some stress tests such as hardware error where the ram is faulty or the voltage supplied is insufficient or the motherboard memory controller may be "mishandling" the ram or the systems PSU is dropping the voltage too low, or software is corrupting data etc and memtest passes are a good indicator but not a definitive test as it never quite stresses ram like an Operating System can

I suggested removing Mcafee and running MSE with windows firewall as they are less or none intrusive, and I haven't seen any bluescreen crashes with their use ?

one step at a time is the way to debug issues ?

Bluescreen crashes are quite unnerving but are actually windows way of protecting your system so although they are very inconvenient they are rarely as fatal as they look

Ok, I will give MSE a shot. Sucks not to be able to use a service I've paid for though. Still though, would you recommend a clean install of windows and a new wifi adapter? Any recommendation for a good compatable wifi USB adapter?

Last edited:
let's see if the wifi adapter and removing Mcafee makes a difference ?

remember we have no real proof these things are the cause so you will be able to use Mcafee again if we prove the bluescreens are caused by something else

please post anymore problems so we can take the next step

Alrighty then... I basically wiped out everything and started with a clean slate. I got a new USB Wi-fi adapter that is Windows 7 'compatible'. I re-installed Windows 7 as well. I have got 3 BSOD crashes since redoing all this. The first two came when I was opening Lavalys Everest Ultimate. The computer just crashed and bam... BSOD. This last one cam when I was about to install DXSETUP.exe which is a Direct 10 component I believe.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    66.3 KB · Views: 311
interestingly enough the first two crashes named kerneld.amd64 as the faulting driver = everest ultimate_build_1954

you need to remove Everest as the timestamp 2007 is too old, pre-dating windows 7 and is named as causing your crashes

the third .dmp file and crash is a 0xc2 BAD_POOL_CALLER but unfortunately a driver isn't named.

I suggest unninstall everest and wait for another crash but we may have caught it

I am beginning to believe you have had more than one problem causing multiple crashes and we are working down the list

please DO NOT install anything else unless absolutely necessary until we are confident you are crash free

also please look through event viewer to see if there are anymore clues

Well yes, I did remove that version of Everest and installed a newer version with no problem and no crash. I am in the process of installing my programs all over again. Hopefully with success. I also did not install McAfee and got the MSE you recommended. I will surely keep you updated sir

also if your tempted to use Utorrent I think you might be better advised using BitTorrent

hmm... I use utorrent as a matter of fact and I love it. Can I ask why you would recommend BitTorrent over utorrent?

hmm... I use utorrent as a matter of fact and I love it. Can I ask why you would recommend BitTorrent over utorrent?

Utorrent is causing crashes on some windows 7 computers where it crashes the wifi adapter, and this might also explain;- the the third .dmp file and crash is a 0xc2 BAD_POOL_CALLER but unfortunately a driver isn't named. ?

I also love Utorrent but I would still ditch it if I suspected it was causing bluescreen crashes

I knew it was too good to be true. I almost went a entire day without crashing but just before I was gonna go to sleep it happened again. Here is the latest. Wasn't doing anything special, just minimizing a folder to open a new one.

Attachments

• 031610-13057-01.rar
    20.2 KB · Views: 229
I knew it was too good to be true. I almost went a entire day without crashing but just before I was gonna go to sleep it happened again. Here is the latest. Wasn't doing anything special, just minimizing a folder to open a new one.

debugger firmly lays the blame on memory corruption
which suggests to me you may either have a bad stick or the voltage it's supplied is too low or unstable or it's not quite connecting in the slot or your memory controller (northbridge chipset) is faulty or low voltage or unstable ?

I doubt it's your Power Supply unless it's old and you have any reason to suspect it ?

you need to check what voltage your ram and northbridge chipset are being given by your motherboard so you need to check that in your bios ?

your RAM is on the Asustek qualified vendors list View attachment P6X58D Premium Memory QVL.pdf and is supposed to be running at 1.65v ?

to debug this I suggest take out all of the ram sticks and blow any dust or contamination out of the slots then place one stick only in the first slot and run your system for a day or two with just one stick and wait for a crash ?

It could still be a driver but debugger would normally have caught that and named it in the crash dump ?

did you remove Utorrent ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. First I am going to start by increasing my QPI/DRAM voltage. A few others I talked to suggested this as well. So I will start there. If tha fails I will resort to some of the other methods mentioned.

I am strictly running Microsoft Security Essentials now and have not yet removed utorrent but I haven't used it either.

Ok, well it seems most if not all my BSOD are gone since I've somewhat stabalized my RAM. Right now all the RAM settings are on auto except for my QPI/DRAM voltage which I'm running manual @ 1.2500v with auto clocks of 9-9-9-24. I've been able to pass Prime95 and LinX. My RAM is designed to run with clocks of 8-8-8-24 but I haven't been able to tihten them down to those settings with any real success. Any suggestions? Thanks again for all the help here and if anymore problems should arise I know where to come