Windows 7 BSOD on Startup

Mancat

This is the first time this Blue Screen has happened to me and it happened in maybe an odd way. The day it happened which was Dec 15, 2014 my laptop was working fine all day. I left my laptop as i normally do on sleep on my bed. I came home to find my laptop off and have the startup crash and give this blue screen.

I downloaded the program to create the necessary/ recommended dump file for the forum post and here it is.

Thank You!

Attachments

• W7F_14-12-2014.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 756
Hi ManCat,
I checked the zip file but it contained no dump file. This could be down to that your system isn't set up to create them at the time of bsod. Change or check your system settings are like this:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Once changed you'll need to wait until you bsod again before a dump file is created.

Hi ManCat,
I checked the zip file but it contained no dump file. This could be down to that your system isn't set up to create them at the time of bsod. Change or check your system settings are like this:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Once changed you'll need to wait until you bsod again before a dump file is created.

I believe i accidentally moved them prior to this post so the program wasnt able to collect them. I have them here in this zip file

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 207
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, 0, fffff88005700000, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RiftEnabler.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RiftEnabler.sys
Probably caused by : RiftEnabler.sys ( RiftEnabler+744e )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all your dumps were the same bugcheck and can be caused by faulty drivers, corrupt data and hardware issues (possibly RAM). The little error code in brackets (c0000005) means that data held in memory couldn't be read because either the data or the memory was corrupt.
As you can see above the probable cause is Riftenabler.sys which is connected to the Oculus Rift driver

As well as the probably cause which may need your attention I also noticed these in the driver stack:

avgtpx64.sys Mon Jun 30 12:15:17 2014: AVG AV search driver
bdfndisf6.sys Mon Jun 18 12:55:01 2012: Bitdefender Firewall
Possible conflicts with the above?

sptd.sys Thu Oct 31 15:26:53 2013: SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (might be Alcohol 120% same outcome though) (known BSOD issues with Win7) If after updating your drivers your still blue screening I'd remove this to test but in any case at least now you know it's dodgy.

Please update your driver set using the driver support page here. I had a quick look through and it looks like there are updates for everything:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/precision-m6700/drivers

Please ensure I have the correct page for your system. Apply all updates, firmwares and Bios.

Post any new dump files.

*Update
I am able to boot up my computer with no problem once i have my Intel ( R ) HD Graphics 4000 video driver disabled.
I disabled the driver in safe mode
*Note
I have tried to install the newest driver but it tells me my system is incompatible
I have an Nvidia Quadro K3000 M card as well that is up to date on its driver but have not tried booting
my computer with that card disabled, rather than the Intel

*Quick Edit
I was able to start my computer up normally with the Nvidia card disabled and windows is running as it should my system seems to be stable and everything looks normal. For some reason both cards cant be run at the same time anymore. Will keep updated

Last edited:
My computer is working perfectly fine now i was able to fix it. I ended up Disabling my Nvidia driver and booting my PC with the Intel Driver enabled. When my computer started up normally i then proceeded to download the necessary Nvidia drivers and after restarting my computer once more after the install BOTH drivers are now working in sync.

Fantastic! I'm only sorry I wasn't much help but that's great news.. Thank you for posting back too as this information always helps with other users. Best of luck and don't forget you can always post back if need be.

No problem thank you for the quick response in trying to help regardless. Just hope others find this and this can help them with there Stop 0x0000003b problem.

Trouble is Bugcheck 3B can be many things although usually drivers are the first thing to update. As I said above it can be either a faulty driver, system service or a RAM/hardware issue. It's just a case of going through each thing until the culprit is found unless the culprit is glaringly obvious (which it never usually is).

Back