Windows 7 BSOD on startup

Zylar

Hello guy's this is by problem, i had no problems before, but i bought new hdd's, the ssd sata disks Corsair CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT. After installing them, i tried to install windows 7 x64 ultimate again, but after booting for the first time i got a bsod, i think well OK **** happens and i reinstalled again i still have a bsod on startup, so i was looking for what the problem might be, and after figuring out it was my liteon sata bd burner that causes the problem, every time my sata controller detects the drive, windows crashes on startup.
I tried an pci sata controller but that gives the same problem. but when i do a "cold" reboot, my liteon isn't detected windows will boot happily and even can use my bd station normally, burn dvd's etc.

Hey. It could be something simple like a jumper on the burner drive to set its speed, or possibly an updated firmware for it. Check with it's manufacturer for the info to these things.

Also, the new Corsair SSD may have a new firmware available for it, which you'd want to install anyhow, since it would make it work more efficiently and make it last longer too.

Post the crash dump and maybe there will be further clues. C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy and paste the files there to any other folder. Then rar or zip them. Attach the compressed file to a post using the paperclip above where you type while making a new post, in advanced mode reply.

Last edited:
well i already looked for firmware updates, nothing of-course. Windows doesn't make a mini-dump probably because its on the boot screen. i did wrote down the error text, besides the obvious that i have to remove my hdd or controller this is the error message:

Stop 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A99 0XF8C0000034 0X00000000000000000 0X00000000000000000)

Back
Top Bottom