Windows 7 Bsod only if playing a game

dead2

when i play a game 1-2 minuts, then
my computer start freezing and my video card crash or BSOD come out.
i don't know when that started to happen, i have a "screen" of the errors.
thanks!
Bsod errors.png

thanks for your help, and sorry for bad grammar.

Hi dead,

While waiting for a Crash Dump analyst to help you I might suggest some things.

First, it would be very helpful to have the Make/Model of the computer you are running. And is it a desktop or a laptop?

Usually, if you are doing online gaming with a laptop, there is the possibility of Overtemp damage to the Motherboard and or Graphics Card/Chip. So, what exactly is the name of the Game you are playing?

Does the BSOD happen only when gaming, or when running other programs such as Internet, E-mail, social media etc.?

You can download some free programs and check this. One of those is SPECCY, free from piriform.com. This will tell you temps on your computer from Motherboard, CPU, GPU (Graphics), and Hard Drive. If any one or all 3 of those are reporting temps of 72 deg. C or higher, your computer has been thermally damaged and needs to be professionally serviced. If you like you can run the test log in SPECCY which will produce a Text file which you can upload back here to this forum thread so we can look it. Again, more helpful information.

Make sure when you run SPECCY that your computer has been on for at least 4 hrs. continuous without running the Game as that crashes your machine.

Let us know answers to these simple questions and SPECCY report if possible.

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

when i play a game 1-2 minuts, then
my computer start freezing and my video card crash or BSOD come out.
i don't know when that started to happen, i have a "screen" of the errors.
thanks!
View attachment 30872

thanks for your help, and sorry for bad grammar.
We need to see your actual dump files which are created when the system bsod's. Run the app found in this thread and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will of course need to bsod again before a dump file is created.

We need to see your actual dump files which are created when the system bsod's. Run the app found in this thread and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.

You will of course need to bsod again before a dump file is created.

i don't know why, now i can play games without bsod'ing, yesterday i had bsod, now everything it's fine, nothing changed, i uploaded the files, i don't know if that's everything

Hi dead,

While waiting for a Crash Dump analyst to help you I might suggest some things.

First, it would be very helpful to have the Make/Model of the computer you are running. And is it a desktop or a laptop?

Usually, if you are doing online gaming with a laptop, there is the possibility of Overtemp damage to the Motherboard and or Graphics Card/Chip. So, what exactly is the name of the Game you are playing?

Does the BSOD happen only when gaming, or when running other programs such as Internet, E-mail, social media etc.?

You can download some free programs and check this. One of those is SPECCY, free from piriform. This will tell you temps on your computer from Motherboard, CPU, GPU (Graphics), and Hard Drive. If any one or all 3 of those are reporting temps of 72 deg. C or higher, your computer has been thermally damaged and needs to be professionally serviced. If you like you can run the test log in SPECCY which will produce a Text file which you can upload back here to this forum thread so we can look it. Again, more helpful information.

Make sure when you run SPECCY that your computer has been on for at least 4 hrs. continuous without running the Game as that crashes your machine.

Let us know answers to these simple questions and SPECCY report if possible.

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I have another program ( i don't know if it's good as SPECCY ) it's named "core temp"
it say
core#0 : min 49°C max 56°C
core#1 : min 45°C max 51°C
core#2 : min 44°C max 55°C
core#3 : min 46°C max 51°C

if that's not useful, i will download Speccy.

Anyway, that's a desktop, bsod come out only when gaming,

intel(R) Core (Tm) I5-4570 cpu @3.20ghz 3.20ghz
8gb ram
windows 64 bit
nvidia geforce gtx 770

Last edited:
i don't know why, now i can play games without bsod'ing, yesterday i had bsod, now everything it's fine, nothing changed, i uploaded the files, i don't know if that's everything
Well your temps look fine although I can't see any files you say you uploaded?

In case the bsod comes back make sure your settings are set like this:

If you should get another bsod then a dump file will be created. Use the app found on the page i linked too and upload the results.

Well your temps look fine although I can't see any files you say you uploaded?

In case the bsod comes back make sure your settings are set like this:

If you should get another bsod then a dump file will be created. Use the app found on the page i linked too and upload the results.

i changed the settings to what you said, now i have to wait till bsod come again.

That's great.. As soon as it's posted we'll debug asap.

That's great.. As soon as it's posted we'll debug asap.
the latest error i got is that the pc start freezing,screen become black, the audio stop, "the display driver has stopped working and has recovered " pop up, and after 1 minuts or less everything will fix by itself.
is that still something who has to do with bsod?

(i used the w7f diagnostic tool and i got the files i uploaded )

Attachments

• W7F_19-09-2015.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 353
Hi,
that type of crash is called a 'TDR', this web page explains it better than I could:
TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. If the operating system does not receive a response from a graphics card within a certain amount of time (default is 2 seconds), the operating system resets the graphics card.
Reference
Many things can cause a GPU driver to TDR and usually a successful solution is to remove the current gpu driver using something like the Display Driver Uninstaller
This will remove anything that shouldn't belong and leave a clean environment for you to re-install the driver.

Hi,
that type of crash is called a 'TDR', this web page explains it better than I could:

Reference
Many things can cause a GPU driver to TDR and usually a successful solution is to remove the current gpu driver using something like the Display Driver Uninstaller
This will remove anything that shouldn't belong and leave a clean environment for you to re-install the driver.

Thank you very much, i did what you said to do, i hope that got fixed.

still waiting for bsod, strange that for one day happened 3-4 times, and now seems to be everything fine.
is possible that bsod has something to do with nvidia's drivers?

it's possible that it was nvidia drivers fault?

it's possible that it was nvidia drivers fault?

Yes it's possible although time will tell I guess. Prior to the issue starting did you install any new hardware/software or receive a new update for either the os or application?

Yes it's possible although time will tell I guess. Prior to the issue starting did you install any new hardware/software or receive a new update for either the os or application?
From what i can remember, the only thing i did was update the nvidia drivers and tried to download the updates of windows but it always said "update failed"
and then after 2-3 days, bsod came out, so i unistalled nvidia drivers, and installed old nvidia drivers, then i realized everything was useless and posted there.

We never close threads so you can always pop back if need be.. :)

Hello, im back again... YAY

the exactly same error as before, but this time i had a trouble starting the pc, i turned on the pc, bsod come out then i had to restart the pc, after that the pc blocked 2-3 times. the 4th time everything seemed fine.

Attachments

• W7F_08-10-2015.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 354
Hmm...no dump file in the zip. You sure you had a bsod? If you are make sure your settings are like the ones set out in post #5. Also make sure your pagefile is bigger than 200mb.

Hmm...no dump file in the zip. You sure you had a bsod? If you are make sure your settings are like the ones set out in post #5. Also make sure your pagefile is bigger than 200mb.
The settings are fine,
the thing is that, the screen was blue, the words were white, but after 2-3 seconds strange lines came out and i couldn't read, the pc stopped work and i had to restart.
so i don't actually know if that's named " Bsod "

Sounds a little odd but anyway did you make any changes recently like driver updates or similar? What about your PSU? Can you post what make and model it is please (as well as it's age).

i did no changes, how i can check which PSU is?
the only thing i can read is "Thermaltake", i bought the pc 1 year ago and, it was not pre-assembled.

10/10/2015 around 14:30 i got bsod, the dmp file came out, but there are not some files

Attachments

• W7F_10-10-2015.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Back