Windows 7 Bsod only if playing a game

Oh and we need that psu information so if need be go inside the case. Remember we need make and model.

It happened again, and a dmp file came out
it is in the attachments ( only the dmp file )
it happened around 11:20

Attachments

• 102015-12682-01.dmp
    343.1 KB · Views: 238
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88006097e23, fffff88002bd1698, fffff88002bd0ef0}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7ade23 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
your graphics driver was the cause of the bsod. The fact that these crashes are all centred around the gpu could well mean that something is wrong other than it just being drivers. As I've mentioned the information concerning your PSU is really needed. A PSU which is not supplying enough juice can give the symptoms your seeing so it's why we have to check on these things.
Try reseating the graphics card itself as this can sometimes make a difference.

dtlitescsibus.sys Mon Dec 08 10:13:10 2014: Daemon tools lite a known bsod cause please remove.

You could try installing the previous driver version for your gpu but which ever driver you choose make sure you use the Display driver uninstaller first just to make no loose ends are left behind.

Ok let's give your GPU a stress test. If the PSU or the gpu is failing or not enough juice is getting through then chances are the test will fail or you'll bsod. Run the stress test using this app:
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

I runned chkdsk, but i don't know how to find and post the results.
and, the pc crashed 2-3 seconds after i tested the gpu..

the pc crashed 2-3 seconds after i tested the gpu..
Well that's a result even if it's a bad one. This would indicate that something is wrong with either the graphics card itself or the PSU. We need that information regarding the PSU.

Also is it possible for you to test the gpu in a friends machine? It wouldn't cause any damage to their machine and it's simply to see if it will run without crashing. If it will then you know the issue isn't with the card.

I did get you to run the Vram test earlier and the card passed so we know it isn't the vram. Did you watch the temperatures when running Furmark? If not try running it again but this time watch the temps on the gpu.

Also is it possible for you to test the gpu in a friends machine?
i think i can't do that.

Did you watch the temperatures when running Furmark? If not try running it again but this time watch the temps on the gpu.

so, if i do the test with 1920x1080 it crash instantly so i don't even have the time to check the temps,
if i do the test in a small resolution, it will not crash.

Another thing, i wanted to check a thing, i clicked the icon of FurMark, and the pc blocked, ( i had to restart it )

Last edited:
Still need that info on the psu and try reseating the card as I've suggested.

Your welcome. Don't forget about the bios needing updating too. It can be risky but as long as your not getting frequent power cuts you should be fine. It's only when the process get's interrupted by say a power cut that it can be bad.

Your welcome. Don't forget about the bios needing updating too. It can be risky but as long as your not getting frequent power cuts you should be fine. It's only when the process get's interrupted by say a power cut that it can be bad.

>>>Hi again, Dead2:
This is the 2nd time Kemical has mentioned the BIOS of your Motherboard needed updating, and the first time you had mentioned concerns about this. If you've never done it before yourself, I urge you to take to your local Computer Repair Shop and pay them to do this for you. It can be very high risk, and if done incorrectly, it can "brick" or "break" your Motherboard permanently.
Also, it's VERY IMPORTANT TO BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (Documents, Photos, Music, Videos, Emails, etc.) TO EXTERNAL MEDIA PRIOR TO DOING ANY KIND OF BIOS UPDATE!!! THAT IS IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS ALREADY.

Should you choose not to follow my recommendations and flash update the BIOS yourself and it fails, and you haven't backed up all your files, when you go to replace your Motherboard with an exact duplicate, it may not be available and when you plug a similar or close replacement into your Case and hard drive, Windows may not boot at all (different hardware), and you'll be left with a time consuming and possibly expensive data recovery chore to retrieve your data off that hard drive you are now using.:( This will require a separate computer from the one you have now. Since you don't have a friend with a Desktop PC to test your GPU card with, I'm going to assume this is your only desktop PC you own. And this could present you with a serious problem. Most likely you'd have to take that Hard Drive to a Computer Repair Shop and pay a Tech to recover your information!

So, you're right to be concerned about it. After training Students how to repair computers for 14 years, I can tell you that almost all of them do BIOS updates wrong the first time; and this is why I mention it.

Words to the wise.<<<
<<<BBJ>>>

Well i guess if you weren't nervous about flashing your bios before you will be now... :) Ultimately it's good advice, if your unsure about updating the bios then you can always get a friend to do it who has done it before or as suggested take it to some shop and part with your cash.

Don't forget the information regarding the psu.

Last edited:
i bought it with the pc, so around 13-14 months
Oh ok it should be fine unless it's faulty. Being as your taking the machine to a shop re' the bios. Why don't you ask them to test the graphics card too? They will be able to determine whether it's the card that's at fault or something else.

Whoa... 13-14 months? What about your warranty? If I remember correctly you bought the machine already built so it might be worth investigating.

Well i guess if you weren't nervous about flashing your bios before you will be now... :) Ultimately it's good advice, if your unsure about updating the bios then you can always get a friend to do it who has done it before or as suggested take it to some shop and part with your cash.

Don't forget the information regarding the psu.

>>>@kemical: Sorry about that! Didn't mean to frighten the poor guy! :redface: I guess it could be taken that way. Advice we gave could save him a few hundred bucks, and it's probably only 1/1000 chance it would happen. I've only had a handful in 35 years occur; but better safe than sorry.<<<

@dead: That's a really good idea kemical has to have them look over both your PSU and GPU card while you're having the BIOS flashed. It might cost you some cash, but not as much cash as bricking your Mobo+CPU and having to replace them BOTH; that's hundreds of dollars here in the US; thousands overseas. Best of luck, <<<>>>BBJ<<< :cool:

Back