Windows 10 BSOD out of the blue is getting old ...

Rich73Kelly

First things first, the affected machine is a Dell Optiplex 3010 Win 7 Pro upgraded to Win 10 Pro.
I did not install any of the recommended tools as the files were in the minidump folder. If I need to do anything different, I will do so.
Here is the .zip file of the last 5 reboots.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 193
My apologies ... I keep getting "Access Denied" so, I assume, I WILL need to install the tools to get them here. They are all .dmp files under 2000kb.

Alright, kemical, this is going to have to go on the back burner for now ... I am not finding this w7f diagnostic tool. I've done a Google search. It keeps bringing me back to this site but, I can not find a downloadable link for the tool. Just a screenshot appears.

Apologies not sure why it's happening but the above link (which I tested) should work.

I'll check back shortly.

Hopefully, this worked! Nope ... "file too large" ?? W7f zip file Properties says 2.52mb.

Last edited:
Hi, as it's giving you issues, why not go into the minidump folder and zip up the contents your self?

Just a case of uploading the zip file tthen.

Hi, as it's giving you issues, why not go into the minidump folder and zip up the contents your self?

Just a case of uploading the zip file tthen.
That is what I did in the first place and got an empty .zip folder. For what ever reason my zip program (7zip) kept giving me access denied messages. If using the w7f diagnostic tool, could I just select minidump instead of "Grab all" ? The tool took a bit of time to collect everything.

Kemical, I went ahead and did so ... here is just the minidump folder.

Attachments

• W7F_06-12-2020.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
Hi,

a number of dump files pointed to windows processes as a possible.

You also had dump files for memory and graphics related issues although these could be caused by drivers.

It's possible that windows has become somewhat corrupted.

Fnd command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin.

Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

When did you last update your drivers?

Check your memory is ok by running the windows diagnostic:
How to run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 10

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

Let's hope that helps some.

Post back if issues return.

I hope so as well. thank you for your help and prompt response.

If "issues return", would I start a new thread or return to this thread?

Well we never close threads so your always welcome to post again if issues should return.

Kemical, I wasn't at the computer but, it happened again this morning. I have a fresh minidump file.

Attachments

• W7F_08-12-2020.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
I bought the computer from a local "IT tech" who buys them used by the pallet full from the local Technical college when they do upgrades. He installed Win 10 over the Win 7 OS. I've had this around 3 years already. Windows Update is enabled so, I do my best to keep it up to date.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Image Version: 10.0.19041.508

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

I am going to run the Windows Diagnostic tool now and then a chkdsk when that's done.

EDIT: I ran the diagnostic tool and let it take its course. I then did the chkdsk from the C drive properties box. It did find errors and hopefully corrected them. I don't know if there is a file for referencing this. I will be happy to provide if you give me steps to do so. Until then, I am back to daily projects.

Last edited:
Back