Windows 7 BSOD What is the cause of this error?

SammyB

Hi,

Lately I have been having various crashes and receiving the BSOD. The most recent being while working in Premiere. As far as I can tell all the drivers are up to date and it has not always been related to Premiere.

The computer is running windows 7 with 16GB's of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Graphics card. I don't know if this is of any help but using the blue screen of death view program the last thing the window say's and is highlighted in red is "ntoskrml.exe"

I would appreciate any feedback on the cause of this problem and hopefully a solution, thanks!

I have attached the dump files to this post.

View attachment bluescreen.zip

The bug check in you mini dump is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1a. In my experience this bug check has a very high correlation with malfunctioning RAM. The best course of action is to test the memory with an appropriate tool such as memtest86+ ( Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool ).

Burn the memtest86+ iso to a CD/DVD (it's very small and will fit on a CD), or install it to a USB stick (may erase the contents of the USB stick), and start the computer from the memtest86+ medium (it does not run from Windows).

Test the memory for say 7 passes, or until errors (red lines) occur. If an error occurs it's likely one or more memory modules are defective. If you are comfortable opening the computer you can test which one by removing all modules except one and placing that module in the last memory slot (farthest from the CPU) and running memtest86+ again. If errors occur very likely that module is broken. If no errors occur put that module aside and place the next module in the memory slot and test again, repeating the process for every memory module.

If no errors occur during memory test there are other procedures that can be performed.

Back