Windows 7 BSOD when I wake computer from sleep

prboy08

Hey everyone, first thank you for any assistance you can give me with this problem. I built this computer a little over a month ago and occasionally whenever I wake the computer up from sleep mode it goes straight to a BSOD. I tried looking at the minidump but I really don't know how to interpret it. The dump file is attached.

System is running Win 7 Pro x64 thanks again for any input! If you need any other info please let me know.

View attachment 062711-18376-01.zip

When the experts show up, they may know or ask you about a file called cancel_64.sys. Do you know what it is since it seems to be indicated in the dump files.

When the experts show up, they may know or ask you about a file called cancel_64.sys. Do you know what it is since it seems to be indicated in the dump files.

Well thanks for asking that question! Not sure why I never looked to see what cancel_64.sys was associated with. It's from a tool called SuperCharger that came on my mobo driver CD that lets you charge smartphones tablets faster. I dont usually plug my iphone in too often so I'm just going to go ahead and uninstall it and hopefully the problem won't persist.

I still don't get why the problem occurs only when I wake up from sleep mode though.

Running a utility called powercfg might help answer some questions. It needs to be run from an administrative command prompt and you shut down any program you can to keep unnecessary messages to a minimum. After it is done, make note of where the report is stored, then copy it to the desktop to open it. Most of these have several USB comments, so don't worry too much about that.

Anyway, open the Administrative command prompt and type:

Powercfg -energy

It also has other switches for troubleshooting if they were needed you can see with powercfg -?

Those charger utilities seem to keep part of the system awake and might end up causing problems.

Back