Legna

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard
Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home x64
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555 [w/ Latest Gaming Drivers]
ASUS Xonar DG PCI 5.1 Audio Card

Hello. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64 and whenever I put it to sleep, I am unable to wake it up. I never had this problem with Windows 8.1. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Did you remember to run the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST prior to upgrading your computer from 8.1 to W10? If you ran that it might have showed that your NVidia graphics drivers were no good, or the Graphics Card itself was not compatible with W10. In which case, downloading drivers for W10 for your exact graphics card model should fix the problem. If it does not, then most likely NVidia did not write drivers for W10 for you model card or if they did so, they may not have been submitted to Microsoft for WHQL testing.

You should backup any stuff you want to keep on this computer to external media, and perform a W10 Clean Install using the MCT tool from Microsoft here: Windows 10
Next, use this link to instruct you on how run the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST which is included in all legit W10 install media from this link here:
Get Windows 10 app - Check Compatibility Report for Windows 10

If your NVidia card fails the Compatibility Test, it's probably time to replace it and move on--or replace/rebuild your entire system making sure all your hardware components pass the Compatibility Test. You don't have a Windows failure or bad setting. It appears you have outdated or unsupported graphics hardware. We see this sort of thing quite frequently.

Best of luck,:nerdie:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back