Windows 8 BSOD when running Camera on Asus T100

DoctorDenio

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum. I would like some help to resolve this problem. This summer I've reinstalled a Windows 8.1 copy on my Asus T100TA and managed to reinstall all the drivers from the Asus support page. However, since that day, my camera provides a BSOD when trying to run it, even if in the Device Manager (Control Panel) I can see the Camera been recognized by the system and the drivers being up to date. I'm posting all the things you asked, however I couldnt run RAMMon (it doesnt start and says to run it in debug mode which I dunno how to) and in CPU-Z the SPD slots are all gray/empty. Thanks for the help you'll give me.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 525
Guys it didnt allow me to post the W7F zip file in the main post

Attachments

• W7F_23-10-2015.zip
    462.1 KB · Views: 616
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000FC, {bdc57d50, 49c3b963, bdc57cd4, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for camera.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for camera.sys
Probably caused by : camera.sys ( camera+753c1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck means an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory. This is usually a driver issue and the probable cause is also seen in the stack text which is a blow by blow account of the last sub routines run.
Looking through your machines support page I see that the chipset drivers also carry the camera drivers:
drivers.JPG

As you can see from the above screenshot there are two versions so try either one and see if one bsod's and one doesn't.

If you find the bsod continues try removing AVG AV and just use the default Defender (we ask this because Defender is ultra stable and you can always re-install AVG later)
ASUS Transformer Book T100TA - Support

Did you uninstall them first? Also don't forget my other suggestion about AVG.

Ok now things become interesting. I tried to restore the drivers of the camera in Device Manager and to install the new drivers (either 106 and 112) but it kept saying drivers already updated. However, i managed to uninstall completely the hardware, then find new hardwares and he found again the camera. Now, if i press on the camera app it doesnt go in BSOD but it says "please plug in a camera". So, the BSOD has disappeared but now it doesnt recognize the camera plugged in

Nah, already up to date.. Honestly I think I'm fine, I've never used the camera but that BSOD didnt let me open Skype for first-open. However, if we can find a solution for the not-recognized camera I would be very happy. The fact is, even if in Device Manager I have the camera hardware recognized and all drivers updated, the tablet doesnt recognize the camera at all when i open the app..I dont know why

Ok so now the problem is that the last roll back driver for the camera is the 26/06/2014 version while the one that the guy mentioning is the 10/21/2013 one.. how can I force the PC to install an older version of the driver?

PS: Solved, I uninstalled manually the drivers in the system32 either of the Intel 2400 sensor and the MT9M114, installed the 21/10/2013 version of both of them and finally the camera works. Thank you so much for the support!

Last edited:
Hey that's great! Much thanks for updating your thread too as your information will help others. :)

Back