Windows 7 BSOD when starting up computer with TV plugged into HDMI

opplevelse

Brand new install of Windows 7, installed it all fine with an old 17" LCD. Now when I plug in my TV via HDMI it crashes on startup and then the startup repair thing cant repair the computer automatically.

If I load the computer with the 17" LCD plugged in via a vga cable, and THEN plug in the HDMI once Windows 7 has booted, then it seems to be ok, extending my dektop onto the TV ... but that is not what I want to do! I want the TV to be the primary monitor. I can get it to work by plugging the standard VGA cable directly into the TV, but I wanted to do it via HDMI so it could carry sound. The HDMI cable is new, and definitely ver1.3 compatible.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

System details are:
Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Mobo with nVidia GeForce 7100, 2Gb DDR2 2x1Tb HDD (RAID1), and a few other bits and pieces. TV is an LG 32LG30D. Windows 7RC x32 build 7100

[SOLVED]

It was the nVidia drivers. I had assumed that Win 7 would be smart enough to figure out that the nVidia display and mobo drivers needed updating ... it wasnt. Sorry for wasting your time.

not a waste and ty for posting your problem then solution so others might learn older Nvidia drivers can cause bluescreen crashes when using TV plugged into HDMI out :D

Back
Top Bottom